Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gah Drove To The Lakes Today And ....

Ahh I will call them in the morning and hope they dont try pulling a flanker on me :)

Voice of experience now mate - happened to me last week on the M11.

Ring the RAC - they will want your insurance policy number and expiry date.

The come and fix up the windscreen, takes about 5 minutes - and as long as you have fully comprehensive insurance, it won't cost you a penny (nor any of your NCB)

Always wondered, do they refit a proper window like the one you get from new? What I mean is, does it have the correct tint and also the heater elements in the bottom of the screen??

With the RAC, do you have to be insured by the RAC for that service (i.e. no £50 excess like most others such as autoglass)

Always wondered, do they refit a proper window like the one you get from new? What I mean is, does it have the correct tint and also the heater elements in the bottom of the screen??

With the RAC, do you have to be insured by the RAC for that service (i.e. no £50 excess like most others such as autoglass)

in a situation like Dunkie's, I was imagining a repair.

They come and fill in the chip with a resin - and did a good job too.

Wouldn't imagine they would carry manufacturers standard windscreenw with them at all times

Thanks guys I am getting a friend who's brother apparently works for autowindscreens to sort it for me on the weekend. Question is if he uses the "filler" will the chip be noticable or not?

mine is - but only from the inside.

that said - its not ugly or obvious - it does not catch the eye at all - its purely because I know that its there that I see it.

ahhh, sorry, early morning shut eye causing lack of proper reading. Thought you meant a full replacement. I guess they would have to order the windscreen if you wanted a whole new one.

Any place will do a free repair without cost to you. There are maximum chip sizes on both driver and passenger sides though. If too big may have to get new one anyway!?

Had one repaired on my last car, first time id seen it done. It was a "Bullseye" you know chip with the circle round it, but no cracks. Autowindscreens bloke came round the same day and filled it You honestly could see it unless you knew exaclty where it was. But I got it repaired quickly. Like most thinkgs the longer you leave it the worse it is.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links