Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey guys, i recently got my car, an IS 250SE new springs. I went for the Eibach Pro Kit which when fitted did not even lower the car !! Very strange !! Eibach are gonna send another set to have fitted so will see if it makes any difference !!

Anyway, back to the main concern which is a rattle coming from the car. I know this has been talked about to death, but this is not a rattle from within the car and not your average rattle. It is very prominent when driving on a smooth road and feels as though it is a bumping noise/sensation from possibly under the car as though you are going over bumps. When i hit the gas it becomes more frequent. I'm sorry about the vague description but i have never heard or felt this in the car and find it really difficult to pinpoint what and where its coming from? I will ofcourse call Lexus about it but just thought if anyone else has experience something like this or may know what it may be??

I had vaguely noticed something a while back but because i rarely do motorway driving didn't think much of it. It was only when i went on a long drive today and was accelerating faster did i notice the sensation. I'm not sure if it is the springs. Like i said you can really notice it when driving on a smooth road no bumps, you get the bumpy sensation which gets faster the faster the car goes??

Any ideas??

Thanks for any help

I had all sorts of knocks and groans which seemed to be from the rear of my 220, especially on ough surfaces and on getting away from stationery. I thought it was suspension but Lexus Bristol tightened something up on the drivers seat and all the noises went away. It could be some slackness in the Seat Runners.

Thanks for the reply. However i have to say it is more of a sensation than a noise and can be felt. Like i said especially when driving faster and on a smooth road with no bumps it is very clear. I tried today again driving at 30mph on a smooth surface and there is definitely something "ticking" what feels is under the car but definitely exterior ! I just cant find the right words to describe it as i have never really experienced this before !!

Thanks for the reply. However i have to say it is more of a sensation than a noise and can be felt. Like i said especially when driving faster and on a smooth road with no bumps it is very clear. I tried today again driving at 30mph on a smooth surface and there is definitely something "ticking" what feels is under the car but definitely exterior ! I just cant find the right words to describe it as i have never really experienced this before !!
sounds like a stone stuck in the tyre tread or even a wheel bearing.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, but got this sensation/noise sorted and it turned out to be my front tyre. Apparently i had a "swelling" in the was of the tyre due to possibly going over pot holes etc causing a break in the lining and therefore swelling !! So got a couple of Toyo's to replace and all is back to normal !!

However my issue of lowering the car seems to continue and to anyone who has lowered the car i need some help. I went for a set of Eibach Pro Kit to lower the car 30mm and when fitted only the front lower 5 mm and rear 0mm. The garage found this to be strange so contacted Eibach who sent another set of springs and no change.

I have spoken to Eibach about this and they have no idea why it hasn't lowered and say they cant offer any other suggestion but to go back to stock, which is what i'm intending to do. I have an IS250 SE. I was also told that it didn't matter where i got the Eibach Springs US or UK they are all the same and should lower the car the same way.

I'm now stuck because i dont know whether to get another set of springs incase they dont lower the car either??

Anyone any ideas as to which ones i should go for or should enquire about?

Eibach also did mention that other IS250's lowered fine with the Eibach Pro Kit, so i guess i have to be special !!

I have an IS250 SE. I was also told that it didn't matter where i got the Eibach Springs US or UK they are all the same and should lower the car the same way.

They are incorrect with that statement. The US springs are different in function and the amount of drop. The US Eibach ProSet are progressive, slightly stiffer and the drop is 1.4" in the front and 1" at the rear, and the UK/European spec is 30 mm drop all round. This is documented in the WIM forum and there are photographic comparisons between my car on US Eibach springs and TK Chan's IS250 in Hong Kong on UK Eibach springs which he purchased from TDi. Here's the original post...it goes on a bit but the info is there. http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...p?showtopic=660

Here's the fitment of TK Chan's UK set. http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...amp;#entry14184

If they were identical they would have the same part number, but they do not. There are different part numbers for the US IS350, US IS250 and UK IS250.

My IS250 has the US specification and the drop was instant after they were fitted, and although it did settle a little more in the following weeks, it was very marginal.

The US fitting instructions required modification of the plastic centralisers/springmounts by removing some material and inverting them.If Tony Bones of WIM reads this he may feel :blush: because he almost fitted them without carrying out this modification...because he probably thought it unneccessary to read the instructions. If a similar mod is required to fit the UK specification springs and it has been missed, then it may explain your problem.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links