Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have always been a Mercedes man and was seriously looking at the new C Class as our company car. Literally stumbled across the Lexus dealership in Derby and fell for the new 220D ! I have seen the adverts etc and honestly thought the car looked too similar to perhaps Mazda/BMW etc, but after seeing it in the flesh, well needless to say i ordered one there on the spot. Being delivered 16th May with the standard fit, opting to have the Multimedia option fitted too. The main reason behind us choosing Lexus over a Merc, was in the main down the sales person in the showroom and the genuine warm welcome we recieved as we walked in, wearing jeans and trainers :crying: A big Merc no no.

We are going to keep the car for the 3 year term and if all goes well, looking to purchase a higher spec one at the end.

Found this forum to be fantastic too guys, very informative and friendly too. I am a member of the Ferrari forum (we all have our dreams) and trust i know that info you guys have on the Lexus range, will be most valuable.

Kindest of regards to all.

Hello & welcome to the club mate

what colour is your car??

Sorry, colour is Meza Red. Its just one of those colours that i always pick for my car.

See your Derby area too? What do you think of the dealership? I found them to be brilliant and am in the process or sending a letter to the Lexus UK HQ, asking them to send on thanks.

Regards the dealership can only comment on the service dept ( bought my car from Nottingham ) fantastic nothing to much trouble.

I'm with you on the jeans and trainers they treat everone the same.

will keep an eye out for you not many in Red around here.

Regards the dealership can only comment on the service dept ( bought my car from Nottingham ) fantastic nothing to much trouble.

I'm with you on the jeans and trainers they treat everone the same.

will keep an eye out for you not many in Red around here.

Consider it a deal, what is the colour of yours so i can make sure i keep an eye out for you too.

The main reason behind us choosing Lexus over a Merc, was in the main down the sales person in the showroom and the genuine warm welcome we recieved as we walked in, wearing jeans and trainers :crying: A big Merc no no.

I had the same response from Mercedes when I went in on Saturday. They saw my jeans and trainers and wrinkled their nose. Oh well, I took my 30k+ to Lexus instead. Oh well, Lexus are better made anyway. :)

The main reason behind us choosing Lexus over a Merc, was in the main down the sales person in the showroom and the genuine warm welcome we recieved as we walked in, wearing jeans and trainers :crying: A big Merc no no.

I had the same response from Mercedes when I went in on Saturday. They saw my jeans and trainers and wrinkled their nose. Oh well, I took my 30k+ to Lexus instead. Oh well, Lexus are better made anyway. :)

LMAO, its a real shame though, because having owned 3 from new ranging from CLK to the new SLK, I love them !!!! They let you walk into the showroom in jeans and trainers when its time to get the thing serviced :blush:

But again you cant thank the Lexus guys enough, we were also given a bottle of champagne in a lexus wooden box (signifying a coffin? ) and have leant us a car for this coming weekend, because we got the delivery date wrong. Now you cant go wrong with that now can you ?

LMAO, its a real shame though, because having owned 3 from new ranging from CLK to the new SLK, I love them !!!! They let you walk into the showroom in jeans and trainers when its time to get the thing serviced :blush:

But again you cant thank the Lexus guys enough, we were also given a bottle of champagne in a lexus wooden box (signifying a coffin? ) and have leant us a car for this coming weekend, because we got the delivery date wrong. Now you cant go wrong with that now can you ?

You see it's attention to detail and service like that that made me choose Lexus in the first place. I hear they are on target to get the number one spot in the 2008 JD Power survey too.

You see it's attention to detail and service like that that made me choose Lexus in the first place. I hear they are on target to get the number one spot in the 2008 JD Power survey too.

You could be right and as far as i am concerend, often having many new cars, this is by far the best treatment i have received yet...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links