Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys

The rear seat belts in my Jan 95 cause passengers great discomfort. Shortly aftyer setting-off they "lock" the wearer in position to the extent that movement is impossible.

having had complaints, I sat in the rear. The locking effect was such that it was very difficult to remove the belt at the end of the journey.

Any thoughts and suggestions greatly welcomed.

Steve

Hi guys

The rear seat belts in my Jan 95 cause passengers great discomfort. Shortly aftyer setting-off they "lock" the wearer in position to the extent that movement is impossible.

having had complaints, I sat in the rear. The locking effect was such that it was very difficult to remove the belt at the end of the journey.

Any thoughts and suggestions greatly welcomed.

Steve

Any lateral thinkers? I really do need to sort this before the annual pilgrimage to Le Mans 24 Heur in June

Steve

Hi,

Welcome to LOC.

I saw your post yesterday and struggled to come up with a solution, I know the fronts have electronic pretensioners on them as when in the front and I turn off the ignition I feel the belt move a little but according to the manual the rear belts do not have them and operate as normal inertia belts.

I cannot however understand how they could be so tight that it is hard to release them unless they are both defective which would be a strange coincidence.

I'll have alook at mine tomorrow to see if I can help further

Sorry I can't be more positive but someone on the forum with a better idea should be able to assist further.

When strapping a kiddy in the back on a booster seat, if one pulls the belt right out completely, it goes into a sort of rachet mode, whereby it behaves like an old-fashioned fixed belt - i.e. with no 'give' in it. Thus activated, said sprog is firmly held in place.

Sounds like this is what is happening here.

Add slack b4 pressing release button?

Hi

The problem is that there's no slack to add. When I tested it, I had to pull my tummy in to take the pressure off the clasp sufficient to release it.

Comments appreciated fella's

Steve

Hi

The problem is that there's no slack to add. When I tested it, I had to pull my tummy in to take the pressure off the clasp sufficient to release it.

Steve

Hi Steve

If all else fails you can purchase a small plastic gadget which can be put on the belt where it enters to retract and the gadget has a locking mechasism after adjusting the belt to a comfortable fit to stop it retracting further I used them when taking elderly patients to the hospital who found the tightness of the belts restrictive. I had them for years so I dont know where they were purchased but I know they were less than a £1 each

Yours

MJM444

Hi

Steve

Hi Steve

If all else fails you can purchase a small plastic gadget which can be put on the belt where it enters to retract and the gadget has a locking mechasism after adjusting the belt to a comfortable fit to stop it retracting further I used them when taking elderly patients to the hospital who found the tightness of the belts restrictive. I had them for years so I dont know where they were purchased but I know they were less than a £1 each

Yours

MJM444

Hi Steve

This is what I had in mind on the web site below although the ones I have seem less sophisticated

Mike

http://www.seatbelttensionadjuster.com/about.html

Hi

Steve

Hi Steve

Yours

MJM444

Hi Steve

This is what I had in mind on the web site below although the ones I have seem less sophisticated

Mike

http://www.seatbelttensionadjuster.com/about.html

Hi Guys

many thanks MJM444 and Mike

I'd totally forgot about the clips; I used them years ago when seat belts first came in. I will let you know how I get on.

Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links