Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is Does Well In J D Power 2008 Survey

Lexus IS came in third behind Toyota Prius and Honda Jazz.

Had it been kept in the executive class (like last year) it would have been top of its class. However, it (along with series 3, A4 and C class) has been relegated to 'family car' where it came second behind the Prius.

As expected, Lexus retained their top spot in the manufacturer class.

The full story

Lexus IS came in third behind Toyota Prius and Honda Jazz.

Had it been kept in the executive class (like last year) it would have been top of its class. However, it (along with series 3, A4 and C class) has been relegated to 'family car' where it came second behind the Prius.

As expected, Lexus retained their top spot in the manufacturer class.

The full story

I'm sorry but how is the Lexus IS a family car ? Beats me.

I'm sorry but how is the Lexus IS a family car ? Beats me.

Good question.

Well, it's good for my 'family' - i.e. just me and the mrs dazed.

It is a good result on face value, but I have always been slightly sceptical (could I be anything else??? :whistling: ), even when we had our Honda Jazz which was perfectly reliable etc and was an overall winner one year. No one mentioned how appallingly hard the ride was, or how flimsy the interior was (lots of hard plaggy absolutely everywhere), rattles galore, EPS power steering that didn't actually offer any assistance when stationary and huge amounts of road noise...to the extent where it was tiring over any distance...

These surveys are completed by owners, and it says more about them and the dealer experience than the cars - else Skoda wouldn't do so well when compared to a VW or Seat...

That's my generalised humble view....

BTW - it is a compact exec in my view, not a family car. Unless the family is very young...my 13 year old is already finding the rear cramped...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links