Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200sport Needs More Power :(

ldb

if u are in the quest for more power (ie fast), I'd recommend you save up for the TTE S/C kit and do everything all at once. Chips alone won't do much for the IS200.

Even if you do go ahead with the chip and then decide to go forced induction, you've spent unnecessary money on the chip when you could've used it to upgrade the S/C ie pulley or exhaust.

I've based this on past/current experience in modifiying my IS200.

You're best bet is to set yourself a budget, and buy only known, or approved and recommended parts. (Ask on here)

For example, a TTE Supercharger is gonna cost you over £3K, once fitted, but will offer the most performance boost. (Approx 2.2 secs off 0-60MPH).

Other options include exhaust upgrade airfliter, or induction.

You will find there is a limited amount of upgrades available for the IS200, without spending a LOT of money. And some of these upgrades are very expensive for the little net gain you'll get.

For example, you'll hardly notice the performance increase of a chip/air filter upgrade on a standard car. And even an with induction kit these upgrades only add about 15-20BHP to the car... (Estimated)

All this will set you back upwards of £1500, and you'll still only have standard suspension and springs.

If these prices scare you, then you'll be better looking at body kits to improve the look, rather than the performance.

If they don't scare you then the TTE Supercharger is the way to go.

For starters.....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links