Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi mate i use Sonus SFX swirl removeing and gloss enhancing polish..that works a treat on swirls and scratches...then cover over with some collinite 476 double coat wax...both of them on my car work a treat and paint looks like glass after....

Polish is to get scratches out etc...and wax is for protecting your paint...there are plenty of threads on what people use..maybe an idea to do a search?? :)

Want to give my Lexus a good clean, I used Autoglm wax but it did not get rid of all the little scratches.

Can anybody recommend a tin wax that will also cut the paint slightly.

Thanks Alan.

wax is just that a wax - it wont do anything to the paint to remove scratches..... if you are doing it all by hand then go for Autoglym super resin polish -it contains lots of "fillers" which help hide the swirl marks.

then apply a good quality wax such as collinite 476s ( about £15 on fleabay)

Want to give my Lexus a good clean, I used Autoglm wax but it did not get rid of all the little scratches.

Can anybody recommend a tin wax that will also cut the paint slightly.

Thanks Alan.

wax is just that a wax - it wont do anything to the paint to remove scratches..... if you are doing it all by hand then go for Autoglym super resin polish -it contains lots of "fillers" which help hide the swirl marks.

then apply a good quality wax such as collinite 476s ( about £15 on fleabay)

If you want to do a good job on the "cheap" then go to Aldi, buy their Car Polishing Machine (about £10 ) and use Autoglym super resin to get rid of the worst scratches. You probably wont get rid of all of them, depends how bad they are. Then apply a layer of Sealer and Glaze from Meguirs to deepen the shine. This is optional, you MUST ,however, finish off with a good wax. The best I've ever used is Carnauba from Mothers ( available from the USA). My Black 96 LS400 turns heads when it passes, but if you get up close the scratches are still pretty bad. The effect of a really deep shine at distance is something to behold.

Hi

I have a 2005 LS430 Astral Black and would like to try this Sonus SFX and also Collinite 476 stuff... can anyone tell me where to get them? I'm living in Spain at the moment so had a look on eBay but couldnt find them.... maybe on my next trip to the UK I can pick 'em up... does Halfords stock them?

Glenn

Hi,

Both these products were featured in Autoexpress a few weeks ago and Collinite came top!

Have a look here

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/prod...car_polish.html

Collinite is on eBay item # 370051661312

The Sonax I cannot find but here is a link to their website which should provide a source.

http://www.sonax.com/

Please feel free to enjoy the warm Spanish sunshine while the rest of us are stuck in the UK! :msn-cry: but at least driving a Lexus makes it bearable.

Hi

I have a 2005 LS430 Astral Black and would like to try this Sonus SFX and also Collinite 476 stuff... can anyone tell me where to get them? I'm living in Spain at the moment so had a look on ebay but couldnt find them.... maybe on my next trip to the UK I can pick 'em up... does Halfords stock them?

Glenn

I usually get my Sonus stuff direct from autopia in la: here. If they ship to UK they should ship to Spain too. Don't think they stock the Collinite but they do have the P21S which is a good carnuba too.

@ Steve: Sonax is different to Sonus - but looks interesting though.

Hi,

Both these products were featured in Autoexpress a few weeks ago and Collinite came top!

Have a look here

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/prod...car_polish.html

Collinite is on ebay item # 370051661312

The Sonax I cannot find but here is a link to their website which should provide a source.

http://www.sonax.com/

Please feel free to enjoy the warm Spanish sunshine while the rest of us are stuck in the UK! :msn-cry: but at least driving a Lexus makes it bearable.

mmm To Sonax or to Sonus! That is the questions. By the way Steve, the weather has been crap over here the last week, ****** rain for days and I believe the UK has been having a bit of a heat wave.... so I think it is me consoling myself in the Lexus!

By the way I see you have a Jap import? I had a 96 Jap import for 8 years and just changed it last year for the LS430. It was a great car to drive and never gave me an ounce of trouble. I actually gave it to my sister as her car had been written off.... 100,000 miles on the clock and it's still running like a clock and everything still works in it! You would get that from a Merc!

Glenn

The auto express article is worthless because they are comparing waxes and polishes together - 2 different products so you can not compare them.

if it was waxes in one test and polishes in another then thats different.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links