Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Some time ago there was, I seem to recall, some exchange on this topic. Lexus UK ignored my contact totally, perhaps other manufacturers would have been as indifferent but either way my customer loyalty is much diminished. Lexus Ipswich did engage on the topic. See below

good afternoon

I have checked Lexus the part is now discontinued checked the dealer locater

none showing in stock at other dealers the only option open to you is to try

the Lexus owners club or Lexus forums

Watling Engineers of St Albans wrote

Looking at the photographs, I would say it stands a good chance of fitting. There are 2 towing loops where I would expect them to be and the spare wheel carrier doesn’t look any bigger than normal. I think our towbar would be fine.

Their details are

Watling Engineers Ltd.

88 Park Street Village

St. Albans

Herts

AL2 2LR

Tel: +44 (0)1727 873661

Fax: +44 (0)1727 875029

www.watling-towbars.co.uk

Indeed their bar fits fine - fitted by Tanfield Towbars for about £350.

I suspect that if theirs fits then others would too and that simply the manufacturers are not prepared to acknowledge it - there was some kind of legislation change abot 2000 which may underly this - Thule wrote

Dear sir,

But we can’t help you.

We don’t have any old stock.

We can’t see what our dealers have on stock.

It was not interesting any more to produce this bar.

I hope this is of help to someone. It is of interest also that the price fitted by Lexus was stratospheric. I do not know if it was some bespoke item made by themselves or if they bought it in and now believing Thule/Brink and the like no longer make one for the Series 4 ( though they I think admit to them for the 1,2 and 3 as well as the 430) are forced into claiming they are out of stock. I find it hard to believe that if they made it and stocked it themselves they would have sold out. I sense some predatory behaviour behind the friendly face. Perhaps not.

G.

My Ser 4 has a towbar fitted, but I don't tow anything. I COULD take a photo, etc if needed, I guess. Previous owner had a Lotus 7 he used about twice...... The 'bar' bit is in my front room......("study'/junk room!)

Lexus UK ignored my contact totally, perhaps other manufacturers would have been as indifferent but either way my customer loyalty is much diminished.

Seems about par for the course. In my experience, Lexus UK reply with a nice polite email thanking you for your enquiry and telling you how much they value... blah, blah, blah.

And then they do nothing at all.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links