Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Folks,

Am planning to spray my wheels up to tidy......however have found that the cans of silver alloy paint available locally is a darker shade of silver.

Does anyone know of a company that supplies Alloy Paint in a can that will match.

Rgds, Tony.

Try these people or look for similar in your area

car paint

They will make up spray cans to your colour or requirements.

Hope it helps

Terry

Hi

I did mine with the greyish paint and with my car being silver the wheels look really good. Dont forget to use etching primer which contains an acid this penetrates the alloy to stop premature flaking.

Cost me £50 and a full days dirty work using Nitromors paint stripper, masking out the tyres was quite time consuming, mind you by the time i got to number four i was pretty quick!

cheers

probsat

Thanku for your replies,

Have found that Vauxhall Stardust Silver is pretty much an exact match.

Are there any issues with using normal bodywork paint on alloy's---surely if a laquer is applied after it should be OK.

Rgds,Tony.

Preperation! Preperation! Preperation!

Make sure the wheels are prepped thoroughly, sanded and really smooth use a green pad or similar. Then put a thin wipe of white spirit or similar to remove all grease or finger marks, then primer. Fine sand with a wet & dry or similar then primer again then topcoat & Laquer.

Show pics of each stage if you can, to give a useful guide for other members on here.

Good luck....it gets really boring after the first wheel is done :whistling:

Preperation! Preperation! Preperation!

Make sure the wheels are prepped thoroughly, sanded and really smooth use a green pad or similar. Then put a thin wipe of white spirit or similar to remove all grease or finger marks, then primer. Fine sand with a wet & dry or similar then primer again then topcoat & Laquer.

Show pics of each stage if you can, to give a useful guide for other members on here.

Good luck....it gets really boring after the first wheel is done :whistling:

Etching primer is a must when painting alluminium

another tip.when the primer has dried spray a very light coat of a dark couler over them.when you come to wet n dry them you will see where you have been and will leave a mark where there is a chip or scrach.not so important with wheels but good for bodywork.

also if you want a really good silver then you need to do a black base coat, that will make the silver so much better than just over grey primer

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links