Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help!!

I have a problem with my headlights on my ls400, year 2000. When they are turned on they self level ok but they are blinding other drivers! When i put high beam on the main beam lights come on ok, its as though the headlights are on full beam all the time. If there was a fault with the self levelling it would tell me on the display. They are Xenon lights. Thanks

Help!!

I have a problem with my headlights on my ls400, year 2000. When they are turned on they self level ok but they are blinding other drivers! When i put high beam on the main beam lights come on ok, its as though the headlights are on full beam all the time. If there was a fault with the self levelling it would tell me on the display. They are xenon lights. Thanks

Hi and welcome to the club.

Have you just bought the car? have they always been like this?

I know mine seem to be quite high and pick up road signs well but I haven't actually had anyone flash at me yet.

Pete.

Help!!

I have a problem with my headlights on my ls400, year 2000. When they are turned on they self level ok but they are blinding other drivers! When i put high beam on the main beam lights come on ok, its as though the headlights are on full beam all the time. If there was a fault with the self levelling it would tell me on the display. They are xenon lights. Thanks

i had the same problem with mine not so long back, had the car a while and no probs,put car in for mot "PASSED", then later on that nite cars started flashing me thinking i had full beam on which i didnt. went back to mot station to see if they had adjusted owt, but no was the reply,got them to check level of headlites with the machine and all was well. EVENTUALLY GOT FED UP OF CARS FLASHING ME (even tho lites wer checked ) and adjusted them myself down a little, no one has flashed me since

I recently took mine in for service and asked for the lights to be checked as they were set too low. Advised that they had been adjusted to as high as was legal and now I don't really need main beam at all. As Pete(haylands) said they are brilliant for spotting signs and again I haven't been flashed as yet.

Help!!

Hi and welcome to the club.

Have you just bought the car? have they always been like this?

I know mine seem to be quite high and pick up road signs well but I haven't actually had anyone flash at me yet.

Pete.

Hi Pete

Had the car a year now and never been a problem. The only thing i can think that may cause a problem is while on the motorway a large stone or something hit my front bumper just under the near side light cluster. Is there anything behind the bumper that can effect the light levelling?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links