Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi

i posted on this site over a week ago but i'm finding it difficult to source the parts that i require - please advise

i had a vehicle diagnostic carried out by lexus and the following issues arose:

- rear coil spring broken

i am not going to buy eibach or h&r as i only deal with original parts and do not want the ride to suffer - lexus have advised that i get a pair at £99.24 each - when i told them that my mk4 had the DHP and that the vehicle only required the DHP springs they seemed confused to my amazement - i wasn't happy - am i going to have to pay £200 for a set of rear springs from the dealer or is there an alternative - i have checked eBay uk/usa as well as breakers/salvage BUT nothing!!! also how sure am i that i will get the DHP springs - if they order them and then i fit them and then find out that they were NORMAL mk4 springs; to say i will be gutted is an understatement!

- front radius arms

lexus have quoted £64.39 each for the front right and front left radius arms - once again upon the advice of the forum i checked with many motor factors/breakers/salvage including eBay uk/usa - NO ONE HAS ANY IDEA what on earth a radius arm is - i went back to lexus - even they were mumbling saying that it was some sort of a strut - is it the upper control arm - the lower control arm - is it the wishbone - even so if they are these parts then the prices are extortionate - no way near what lexus is quoting - can someone please tell me what a radius arm is and why lexus for some bizarre reason is the cheaper one out there?

- near side front wheel bearing with seal and nut

lexus quoted £96.01 for the bearing - £2.61 for the seal and £2.61 for the nut - i checked with nip-parts who will provide the bearing and the seal but NO nut at a cost of just under £50 - has anyone dealt with this company and if so how reliable are they? nip-parts advised that i use the same NUT - is this true?

- front suspension bump stops x 2

lexus quoted £19.65 - once again all the motor factors said that this was a dealer part as well as the parts above - i was surprised at the wheel bearing as i thought that would be readily available

i hope you guys/girls can shed some light on the above as i quite quickly need to get the suspension back in order for a 100% comfortable ride

thanks

projucer

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links