Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Discs And Pads

ithier

I recently had my car MOT'd at Lexus and was told that the "front discs are lipped, front pads 70 -75 % worn on O/S. Poss calliper or guide pin starting to stick". Lexus want £380 to sort this which is madness so I want to do it myself.

Looking at various threads Mimtex pads seem to be the way to go as people seem to like them and they generate less dust. Fitting is as per the knowledge base and I've done the pads before so I'm not worried about them.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...p;id=31&c=5

So my questions are:

1 - What are good discs to use with the mimtex pads. (this is a family car so is not driven hard and performance parts are not necessary)?

2 - What are the torque settings for the carrier bolts?

3 - Are the guide pins likely to need changing or just cleaning?

4 - If the guide pins need changing do I need to go to Lexus or can I get them anywhere?

5 - Anyone know of a good thread on changing the discs?

Thanks in advance

Hi ithier. I've never changed them myself so can't offer much advice in that regard but as for the Mintex pads, there are sellers on eBay who sell Mintex discs and pads together as a set. I've just bought a set of REAR pads and discs for £89.99 + £12.95 p&p.

Here is a set of FRONT discs and pads from the same seller for £72 + £11.95 p&p.... item # 260244847602

There are cheaper sets on there but I found that with those, only the pads were named as Mintex, not the discs.

As for the pins etc, I was in Halfords yesterday and noticed that on the display next to the pads, they do fitting kits that I THINK include such things. Might be worth looking there.

Hi ithier. I've never changed them myself so can't offer much advice in that regard but as for the Mintex pads, there are sellers on ebay who sell Mintex discs and pads together as a set. I've just bought a set of REAR pads and discs for £89.99 + £12.95 p&p.

Here is a set of FRONT discs and pads from the same seller for £72 + £11.95 p&p.... item # 260244847602

There are cheaper sets on there but I found that with those, only the pads were named as Mintex, not the discs.

As for the pins etc, I was in Halfords yesterday and noticed that on the display next to the pads, they do fitting kits that I THINK include such things. Might be worth looking there.

Thanks Kiriyama. I tried prolex first but they were out of stock on the pads and there was no answer to my phone calls :( I then tried eBay as you suggested and went with the set you found :). Much cheaper than prolex too. Will check out Halfords for the fitting kits.

Anyone know what the torque settings are for the carrier bolts?

this link may help.http://www.bahamutcars.com/workshop/IS_98-05/index.html" target="_blank">undefined</a>

Thanks. Great link. Just what I needed. Do you know if there is any way to get a download of the whole manual?

Just buy the pdf manual from eBay, only costs a fiver.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links