Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dual Exit Exhaust

LennyLexus

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about getting a custom Blueflame dual exit zorst for my baby, but the engineer has warned me that it is most likely to be louder due to the nature of the build then a single exit.

Can anyone tell me how much louder? will it be loud on idle?

i read the single blueflame is reasonable OEM on idle, and then goes some over 2/3k?

Cheers

To be honest it's all down to the way they build it.

I had a custom twin HKS Hyper setup on mine that I got from Zee and it sounded great - a little louder than the single pipe but not a massive difference - I found it was a little torquier from low down so was better at the lights etc but it wasn't as free flowing at the top end so you'd notice a lack of performance at the top end when you were driving above 60MPH.

It was a little quieter if anything with the supercharger fitted than when it was NA.

Idle you can't really tell, not much louder, just a much deeper tone - as for thru the range, like you say, louder up to around 3.5k at which point it gets quieter and the engine noise takes over - especially if you've got the induction pipe fitted to the supercharger.

The guys at Blueflame can pretty much tune it how you want it so it's nothing too serious to worry about - if you've ever heard one of the single pipe HKS exhausts or something like the Prolex Kazama or maybe even Apexi N1 then it'll be pretty similar to that I guess in the worst case scenario.

Not really noticable up front but passengers can hear it in the back - people hate being in the back of the Aristo as the exhausts on this are even bigger and noisier than what I had on my IS :)

Aido, hows it going man long time.

Hmm, I think i'll probably go for it, was gonna dynamat the boot anyway. but I dont want to lose any performance...?

Sorry mate I'm miles away never even realised it was you - how's things?

with the dynamat it shouldn't be too bad at all I guess mate - get it done!

When did you get the SC finally then?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I've recently had the standard Blueflame fitted. I'm assuming when he said it would be louder with a dual exit he meant louder than the single blueflame rather than the OEM. Well its a little louder than stock at idle but mostly a deeper hum. Between 1.5k - 3k it is much louder than stock when warm with a nice loud hum: then the engine noise takes over when sat in the drivers seat or raspy from behind over 3k rpm. Hope that made sense, i'm a little frazzled.

Cheers edeath,

yep meant slightly louder then a single blueflame, I think i'll get it done, only used weekends anyway, and get boot will be dynamatted in a few months.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links