Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Changing

After been in Lexus for some 5 years i am now seriously considering a change and i am looking at the Range Rover Sport HSE TDV6, i would be very interested to hear from anybody who has owned or just general opinion regarding moving away from the RX300

Thanks

My first choice to look at would be the Audi Q7 over the RR Sport, but thats my opinion. My brother-in-law has driven both cars and preferred the Q7

My friend has Sport and the other model. Both diesels. It's a nice car ON ROAD, but I found the interior packaging quite poor, especially in the Sport. I'm 6'2" tall, and I had more legroom in the mk2 GS than in the Range.

Looks good in black with tinted windows though. :unsure:

I recently test drove all the usual suspects and ended up with a new RX400h. The Land Rover offerings I tried included the Range Rover Sport TDV6 and the Disco and neither had the finesse of the petrol Lexus. They were also just plain slow particularly in acceleration. For me the hybrid Lexus had the best balance of refinement, performance, price and running costs. For drivers who actually venture off road I'm sure the Land Rovers offer advantages but for the majority who don't I think you just end up paying for a lot of mechanical complexity you will never use and which impairs performance on the tarmac. The Audi Q7 was just too big and reminded me of driving a Ford Transit (albeit a very comfortable one !)

Was tempted by a Porsche Cayenne though....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links