Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

General Questions On Is200

Hi, owned my is200 for a couple of weeks now.

Ive been browsing this forum for ages and working out things i didnt understand and its been great :D

A couple of days after buying the car it started error1 on the cd player. Reading through here i kinda expected something to go wrong with the CD player and the best advice i could find was to get a cd lens cleaner.

Bought a cd cleaner, inserted it into the changer and BAM........started whirring and clicking.....i panicked and pressed eject. Whirred a bit more then claimed to have ejected the disc. (unfortunatley it didnt!)

Then it went to error3 which gave me a momentary heart attack! Recovered and messed around with it a bit but i cant get any discs out and i cant play them either. Just comes up with error3 after lots of button pressing.

Now i know they general advice is to replace it, and im looking at this avenue. But id like to think i could sell the car in the future with a working head unit so is there any way to fix it temporarily.

Also how do i go about putting a new head unit in. I was just looking at another thread with a kenwood dvd player for £350 from bass junkies (i think). If i bought something like that how easy is it to install? I know i need an amp bypass lead ( or something like that :P) but what do i do with it. Im not the best when it comes to car electronics (or much car related to be fair) so any advice would be a help.

Couple of other things-

I have a Y reg is200 se. I had never drove a 6speed til i got this car and it took some getting used to. With my old car i (tried) to stay at around 2000rpm no higher than 3000rpm before changing gear. But at 40mph in 4th gear im at almost 3000rpm and as i want to keep the engine good (not thrashed) for when i sell it i wondered what speeds people change gear at? ie 1st gear up to 15mph, 2nd up to 25mph etc. Would be a great help for my peace of mind if someone could confirm the rpm can be higher without thrashing because its a 24valve. lol

The CD player is the only problem i have had so far and i have to say its a very smooth ride. Im loving the acceleration and my last two cars were also 2litres. this just seems a lot quicker than them though.

Cheers for any help in advance :D

hi there,the bypass lead is'nt hard to install by the way theres a guide on here somewhere i believe which i used when i did mine(scraped nuckles comes to mind)it connects to the stock hu amp and then to the aftermarket hu.the kenwood dvd hu your talking about is a very good unit as was gonna buy it myself but im gonna leave the multimedia to the rear of the car for now :hehe:

hi there,the bypass lead is'nt hard to install by the way theres a guide on here somewhere i believe which i used when i did mine(scraped nuckles comes to mind)it connects to the stock hu amp and then to the aftermarket hu.the kenwood dvd hu your talking about is a very good unit as was gonna buy it myself but im gonna leave the multimedia to the rear of the car for now :hehe:

where is the amp/sub in the car mate? as i mentioned before im not great with cars and electronics is my weakest point.....I have no idea where the amp/sub is!

I have had my eyes on that kenwood for a while and the cheapest price i have found is from the link on the other thread i mentioned.

I seem to remember the bypass lead is available on eBay for about £50? That sound right?

where is the amp/sub in the car mate? as i mentioned before im not great with cars and electronics is my weakest point.....I have no idea where the amp/sub is!

I have had my eyes on that kenwood for a while and the cheapest price i have found is from the link on the other thread i mentioned.

I seem to remember the bypass lead is available on eBay for about £50? That sound right?

the bypass lead is cheaper now about 25-30 quid.the amp is on the left hand side of the glove box,just remove the 2 pins holding the glove box on an you'll see it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links