Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

For The Bikers

Ryo

well im putting the bike back on the road, (60 a year insuurance and 5 a year tax) ....but the left hand engine case has a couple of hair line cracks in over tightened the nuts and cracked the case, "when i was younger i didnt know what a torque wrench was for" so it has a slight oil leak, any one got any ideas on how these can be repaired, i got told they cant be welded as there a crappy alloy?

Ta

Steve

well im putting the bike back on the road, (60 a year insuurance and 5 a year tax) ....but the left hand engine case has a couple of hair line cracks in over tightened the nuts and cracked the case, "when i was younger i didnt know what a torque wrench was for" so it has a slight oil leak, any one got any ideas on how these can be repaired, i got told they cant be welded as there a crappy alloy?

Ta

Steve

alloys can be repaired (welded)you just need t find someone who has the expertise?

good luck

SUB

find a good aluminium welder and ur ok - the cases are cast and not the highest quality but they are fine and can easily be welded. If you have any flying clubs near you its worth a visit to ask them for details of a welder as you can be assured of quality!!!

might have it sorted , been on fleay bay and can get a new on for 30 quid, or a decent second hand one for 15 , just got to see where its split first

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links