Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looks like some are in for a shocker!

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/?deriv=35619

As i mentioned Before

The IS250 drivers will be hit hard (unless they are company owned)

But do you really think they will see this TAX through

as they are just going to sign over control to another Party if they do.

They only have 1 year left in power and look at the state of the country now

so that would be like saying here you go Cameron its all yours.

Yeah, and the diesel more in VED and company car tax than any of it's competition (just about). The 250 AUto is still over 200g/KM, which is way too high now adays...somewhere nearer to 180 would be better!!

Lexus/Toyota have been too busy making hybrids whilst everyone seems to have run off into the distance making their existing engines so much more efficient. Only time will tell if the strategy is right (looks to be).

Yeah, and the diesel more in VED and company car tax than any of it's competition (just about). The 250 AUto is still over 200g/KM, which is way too high now adays...somewhere nearer to 180 would be better!!

Lexus/Toyota have been too busy making hybrids whilst everyone seems to have run off into the distance making their existing engines so much more efficient. Only time will tell if the strategy is right (looks to be).

The diesel is 168 g/Km so is not too Bad compared to what the Petrol heads will be paying

My IS200 was going to cost a fortune to road fund

But as i said do you really think they will do it as it is suicide for the Brown/Darling Mob.

The diesel is 168 g/Km so is not too Bad compared to what the Petrol heads will be paying

My IS200 was going to cost a fortune to road fund

But as i said do you really think they will do it as it is suicide for the Brown/Darling Mob.

Not compared to say a 320d, which is around 128g/km, or £50 odd cheaper trhan the lexus. Rumour has it that the new facelifted 318d will be less than 120g/km. Then if they do at that point it'll make the Prius look un-necessary!

It'll be interesting to see what the Government does. I think they know thy're doomed and will take us all with them. As for the Tories - well do you think they would actually reverse anything? Let me think about it :whistling: ...NO!

Admittedly BMW are doing a good job getting emissions down, although they use a number of tricks to do it like stop/start systems (which don't always work) and disconnecting alternators.

But you have to keep things in perspective. A Lexus 220D may cost £50 a year more to tax than a BMW 320D, but that only adds up to £150 over 3 years, and that saving will easily be wiped out by the higher cost of buying the BMW, especially once you add the expensive options. Before I bought my IS250 I took a long look at a BMW 325i and it would have been significantly more expensive for the same features.

I'm sure that Lexus and all the rest will follow BMW's lead in reducing emissions just to keep them competitive though.

I dont know what it is with the BMW but

I quite often see 320D on the Motoway but they look so Boring and too STD

I would rather pay £175.00 road fund for my 220d than have the 320D

But the best way they will cut emmisions is to make them all like flintstone cars :whistling: YABADABADOOOOO

It's not right though when a 520d comes in at £115. As for the3 220d, I was reliably informed that there will be no model revision for the diesel engine. It was a consumer experiment and hasn't worked as Lexus wanted. They hoped to capture a bigger slice of the fleet market but haven't suceeded. Lexus will now leave diesel engines to Toyota.

I think this government will go ahead with the plan. They know they're on the way out and are trying to make it as uncomfortable as possible for the next lot. Remember five years for a general election by which time the lefties will be harking back to the old days under labour when things don't get easier overnight under the tories.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links