Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Extended Warranty

Hello guys,

i have recently purchased a lexus is220d with mileage at 57k and on a 06 plate. Since my warranty will be coming to an end in the next couple of thousand mile, i enquired about the lexus extended warranty and they quoted me a whopping £600+ for 1 year and £1200 for two years. Now thats quite a lot compared to some independent warranty packages and i was wondering whether it was worth it. Do they offer anything different?

To be honest, the problems i have read on here about the is220d have taken me down this road but i was thinking £1200 was quite a lot for a bit of peace of mind. What do you guys think?

unsure where they get the figure ranga quotes...

The £600+ is correct, plus it includes top level RAC Cover including Home & European too.

BTW welcome to LOC

I am pretty sure about the amount, that quote was from lexus lincoln.... i shall check once again

Hello guys,

i have recently purchased a lexus is220d with mileage at 57k and on a 06 plate. Since my warranty will be coming to an end in the next couple of thousand mile, i enquired about the lexus extended warranty and they quoted me a whopping £600+ for 1 year and £1200 for two years. Now thats quite a lot compared to some independent warranty packages and i was wondering whether it was worth it. Do they offer anything different?

To be honest, the problems i have read on here about the is220d have taken me down this road but i was thinking £1200 was quite a lot for a bit of peace of mind. What do you guys think?

Was the car purchased from a private seller or from a dealer?

Hello mate welcome to the LOC

I'm in the same boat as you my cars at 70K I have the extended warranty

Just be warned some items are not covered ie, Rattles and corroded wheels and quite a few other bits...... also the claims process is not quite as straight forward as the standard warranty things take a little longer to sort out/repair. The dealer can't just say yes they'll fix it as with a standard warranty they have to get approval from there insurers 1st etc etc,

I suggest you read the warranty book before you decide they claim the extended warranty is as good as the normal but if you read the small print all will be revealed

Cheers

Gordon

Hello guys,

i have recently purchased a Lexus is220d with mileage at 57k and on a 06 plate. Since my warranty will be coming to an end in the next couple of thousand mile, i enquired about the lexus extended warranty and they quoted me a whopping £600+ for 1 year and £1200 for two years. Now thats quite a lot compared to some independent warranty packages and i was wondering whether it was worth it. Do they offer anything different?

Hello guys,

Was the car purchased from a private seller or from a dealer?

The car was purchased from a dealer (non franchised) but with full lexus service history.

Interestingly, on the promotion leaflet it says "For drivers who will exceed 60,000 miles within the 3 year manufacturer's warranty, purchasing within this period will provide cover for the full 3 years as well as the additional 12 or 24 months."

Now i take this to read that if i purchase the extended warranty within the 60k period, i will have the remaining 3 year standard warranty as well as any extended warranty i take out. However, i questioned this with the dealers and they said that it was not the case. i was maybe thinking this is quite misleading and if its in their literature, they should honour it.

Seems very expensive considering the fact that you have 6 months warranty with the vehicle anyway (in spite of anything your non-franchise dealer may tell you to the contrary). It means that you are paying the quoted amounts for 6 months and 18 months warranty respectively.

Firms such as Warranty Direct will sell cover far cheaper and you can instruct them to commence cover when you require it. If you go down that route, don't accept the first figure that they quote as they will reduce it considerably if you dont buy when they call you back.

Best of luck whatever you decide and enjoy your Lex.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links