Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Too High?

Abbas

Hi all,

My wheel centre (from the L logo on the centre cap) to the wheel arch center measures 39cm... It looks a little high and is higher in comparison to the front.

This is how it looks:

05082008818fx8.jpg

Comparing front and rear:

05082008821bk0.jpg

Its a IS200 SE with 17" wheels and standard suspension.

Anyone with the same spec as above know what measurement they have or are willing to measure it please?

I just want to find out if mine needs attention, apart from the cosmetic effect what other effect it may have on the handling/ride i dont know?

Many thanks,

Abbas

Is that a pre 2001 IS? If so, that looks normal..........

I'm absolutely sure that they lowered the cars around the 2001 point, as mine is nowhere near that high at the back, but all the pre2001 cars I've seen are ridiculously high - I'll try take a pic of mine at some point to show what I'm talking about :)

Yours is the right height, i lowered mine when i put coilovers on, but they where too low and felt every bump in the road, but now they are sitting 40mm springs and standard shocks much better handling :)

Thanks guys, yes it is a pre 2001 and I am glad to hear all your opinions. I never really gave it much thought but a mate of mine once commented on it and also Tony @ WIM left me thinking about it too when I went for my geo set up...

I can see if I had it lowered it would look better and have better handling but what would be the downside maybe loose ride comfort?

Is that a pre 2001 IS? If so, that looks normal..........

I'm absolutely sure that they lowered the cars around the 2001 point, as mine is nowhere near that high at the back, but all the pre2001 cars I've seen are ridiculously high - I'll try take a pic of mine at some point to show what I'm talking about :)

Totally agree, mine is a 99 and my mates a 01, both standard and you can clearly see the difference.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links