Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg Conversion Problem

NEV72

Hi,

O.k heres the problem, I have a Lexus rx300 which has just gone in for lpg conversion. The problem is I've just had the mechanic on the phone telling me that the car won't be ready to pick up as he's getting both the engine management light and the vsc light coming up on the dash. Apparently the engine starts and idles, no problem, but when the accelerator is pressed down it coughs and splutters.He has had a code come up on his obdb comp (0315) but I don't seem to have the code in the loc list of diagnostic codes. He's going to hook it up again just to re-check the code, then ring me back.In the meantime I'm putting this on here just in case anybody else has had this problem, or has the professional savvy to know what the cause might be. Hopefully this will be just a 5 minute job to fix. BTW the engine was spot on before it went into the garage.

Cheers in advance for any info that might sort it out. Nev

if it is 0315 then it's crankshaft position system variance not learned - not a clue what that means but hopefully the people who installed will.

Not a common code - not listed on most sites .....good luck and don't forget to post the resolution on here ;-)

Right then, chap rings back from lpg garage with the codes as follows:

P1300 Igniter Circuit Fault (Bank #1)

P1305 Igniter Circuit Fault (Bank #2)

P1310 Igniter Circuit Fault (Bank #3)

P1315 Igniter Circuit Fault (Bank #4)

P1320 Igniter Circuit Fault (Bank #5)

P1325 Igniter Circuit Fault (Bank #6)

He's still scratching his head as to what the problem is and that he's going to try and take it to Lexus in Plymouth, to put it on their diagnostic comp,( if they can slot him in that is.) So then I give Gary a ring up at CLS Duel fuel ltd in Durham, cracking bloke, nothing too much trouble, and very informative!

Tells him the error codes I got and he reckons one of two things, they've spliced into a coil wire, and its a bad connection , and just needs checking and wiring up properly, or the other alternative is that they've spliced into the coil wire, or wherever it is they've spliced into, and they've accidently blown something. Seeing as these are the only codes that are coming up at the minute, I'm hoping that it's the first option, I just don't know, maybe tomorrow I'll know better, once it's been to Lexus, if it get's into Lexus that is. In the meantime they've supplied us with a 12 year old beamer as a courtesy car, and the missus has a 200 mile round business trip tomorrow, fingers crossed there then.Happy days :crybaby:

It's now 5p.m Friday, by rights should have had the car by 3p.m yesterday, but nope apparently its still at Lexus Plymouth waiting to go on their diagnostic comp, well that's what the bloke told me at 1p.m, and not heard anything else as yet from them, oh he did mention though that I might not get the car back till Monday, if it's not sorted out today, told him as politely as possible that I wasn't a happy chappy! What's a bloke to do? 4 days now without the Lexus, and really cheesed off, just have to see what tomorrow brings.

Well I finally picked the car up today, fully converted to lpg. Had a look around, all nice and tidy under the bonnet, spot on colour coded filler cap, the 79l 4 hole tank, sitting nicely where the spare should be. Took it for a test drive, felt nice, no difference to running on petrol whatsoever, nice and quiet, no smells coming from anywhere. Aparently I have the PowerJet SGI System installed, with the Flashlube for valve lubrication added, plus for piece of mind I took out their extended warrently of two years, they give you the first year anyway. The chap at the garage then gives me a run down on the basics, filling, switches etc, btw one thing I did take note of is that it's best not to fill up the lpg tank more than 80% of maximum, for safety reasons, and not to park in direct sunlight.

Tried to haggle with the bloke on the final price, due to the fact they had it an extra couple of days, but that fell on deaf ears, so after I parted with the best part of 1800 quid, said adieu and set off up the A38, couldn't open it up due to the fact its p****** down but engine still sweet as a nut, and economy working out roughly 11p per mile. Will try and put some pics up when this bleedin' rain stops. :crybaby:

COLOUR CODED FILLER CAP

POWER JET SYSTEM 2FLASH LUBE BOTTLE

LPG TANK 79L

79L LPG TANK

LPG FUEL LEVEL INDICATOR/SWITCH

• 1 year later...
Well I finally picked the car up today, fully converted to lpg. Had a look around, all nice and tidy under the bonnet, spot on colour coded filler cap, the 79l 4 hole tank, sitting nicely where the spare should be. Took it for a test drive, felt nice, no difference to running on petrol whatsoever, nice and quiet, no smells coming from anywhere. Aparently I have the PowerJet SGI System installed, with the Flashlube for valve lubrication added, plus for piece of mind I took out their extended warrently of two years, they give you the first year anyway. The chap at the garage then gives me a run down on the basics, filling, switches etc, btw one thing I did take note of is that it's best not to fill up the lpg tank more than 80% of maximum, for safety reasons, and not to park in direct sunlight.

Tried to haggle with the bloke on the final price, due to the fact they had it an extra couple of days, but that fell on deaf ears, so after I parted with the best part of 1800 quid, said adieu and set off up the A38, couldn't open it up due to the fact its p****** down but engine still sweet as a nut, and economy working out roughly 11p per mile. Will try and put some pics up when this bleedin' rain stops. :crybaby:

COLOUR CODED FILLER CAP

POWER JET SYSTEM 2FLASH LUBE BOTTLE

LPG TANK 79L

79L LPG TANK

LPG FUEL LEVEL INDICATOR/SWITCH

Great work! I love the idea to fit lpg tank into spare tire's place. Well done again.

As for not filling up more than 80% the tank itself will stop the filler when the safe pressure is reached, I always filled up until the filler cut off - like petrol. The fuel gauges are notoriously unreliable your better off keeping track of haw many miles you get out of a tank rather than watching the gauge!!

Good luck with it, don't forget you can't take it through the Channel Tunnel now!!

• 9 months later...

As for not filling up more than 80% the tank itself will stop the filler when the safe pressure is reached, I always filled up until the filler cut off - like petrol. The fuel gauges are notoriously unreliable your better off keeping track of haw many miles you get out of a tank rather than watching the gauge!!

Good luck with it, don't forget you can't take it through the Channel Tunnel now!!

hi there

does that mean you cannot take gas converted cars accross channel tunnel??

i was hoping to do that and gooooooooooo across europe etc

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi there

does that mean you cannot take gas converted cars accross channel tunnel??

i was hoping to do that and gooooooooooo across europe etc

Nope, its a restricted vehicle now as far as the tunnel is concerned......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links