Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New To It All

Alrite mate,

You could be best going to the Prolex uk website and sending him a message.

He does a turbo kit for the Is200,

As for cost, it depends what you want and how much power, but your looking at a couple of Grand at least, plus a lot of time.

Stav

Hi there im new to the Lexus thing im going to be getting an IS S soon and would like to know how i would go about turboing one what i would need and from who also a ruf idea of money

Hi welcome to loc mate :D turbo, well if you fitting yourself about 3k using new parts, fitted about 4k :D you should be ok for 240 ish bhp, if you wanting more you need to sort the standard engine ( rods + pistons )

Well for that sort of power you want to try and find a TTE charger kit, they come out at 200bhp.

In fact if you look in the cars for sale section, theres all the IS you'll every need in Lee_icemans Silver TTE charged IS200.

Stav

how much would i be looking at to do that if i was to by one my self and apart from the charger its self what is needed any internal work

TTE supercharger is bolt on kit, you dont need to do anything else to you engine (internal) but thay are very hard to come by now :o

No Internal work is needed as long as you keep the boost Below 0.5, the standard setup runs at 0.3 bar.

What do you mean by how much aprt from the charger? you sourcing one from elsewhere?

Stav

Once you start dont expect to finish it soon :P ive gone from a turbo kit to a complete engine convertion now lol.

I remember talking to you in southend a while ago. Liked the look of the car and the turbo, was able to get hold of a 3.0lt supra engine N/A a month ago, and thought about turbo'ing that but decided to go for a charger instead :D

Tom.

I've got a bigger pulley that i no longer need it you want to try it though, Some engines are fine with it some are not, luck of the draw.

Cheers Stav, might have that off ya :) but will wait to have a look how she runs wen i get it put on :D Having to do it on my own this weekend as my mate cant now and i cant be assed to wait till b/h monday! Havent really got much of a clue what i'll be doing but i'll give it a go :D

Does anyone know where i can get the page of Bolts and stuff from the TTE charger thing as i just have a box of nuts and bolts and dont know what is for what! lol

Tom.

You'll need a hand to get the bumper off & on matey, its just not a one man job :P I have the list(s) of parts at work I can send that to you tomorrow if no one does it before then :)

I am going to JAE! not sure how to get onto the club are tho?? If people wuddnt mind helping, and would like some free beers ;) would be great :P i could do the ECU stuff before hand anyway, just not too confident playing with the enigne!

If not then i'll have a go on saturday :D

Tom.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links