Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Second Hand Spares

Clive_W

If you are considering buying second hand spares using a web based search engine be very careful to scrutinise the terms and conditions of the SUPPLIER (not just the search engine owner) before doing so.

Up to a the beginning of July 2008, I had nothing but good experiences with these national spares locating services, they were fast and efficient and the spares were of good quality.

This was until I wanted some rear suspension spares. Because I was in a hurry, I ordered from the first company who responded. They told me that they would deliver on Monday or Tuesday the following week, so I booked my car in for Wednesday. Nothing arrived until Wednesday, when only a part of my order arrived.

Every part was filthy dirty (they didn't appear to have heard of water pressure jet guns or degreasing agents) and half the parts looked as if they had been hacked off the vehicle rendering them useless, damaged threads, split rubber boots or just worn out.

To cut a long story short, the company involved then sent another consignment of totally useless spares.

Sending them photos and speaking to them over the phone, they appeared totally ignorant of the quality needed and then compounded it by resorting to making rude personal comments.

The owner of the spares location web site tried to help but in the end I sent the entire consignment back. They hit me with heavy restocking charges, which I now intend to fight through my credit card company.

This is a general warning as probably legislation surrounding such services is probably weak, but avoid FOREIGN CAR SPARES LTD, BIRMINGHAM B8 3AY

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links