Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's The Best Way To Drag Race A Tiptronic?

Flex030

My friends I have tried and read many sequences of dragging my car (Altezza RS200-Z tiptronic)

I open this question to the floor for any help it would be appreciated

Test 1:

pwr button on

Stay in auto mode

Floor it

Test 2:

pwr button on

Manual mode

Down shift to 2 (steering shifter)

Floor it

Test 3:

pwr button on

Manual mode

Down shift to 3 (steering shifter)

Floor it

Test 4:

Repeat the three test but this time gradually accelerate then flooring it.

Test 2 with gradual acceleration SEEMS to be the best. Any other tips? Thanks.

pwr button down wont do anything, that button is just a gearbox setting so it will be useless if you have it in tiptronic mode. pwr mode just makes the gbox down shift with less throttle when your in drive. man my 2jz 3.0l tiptronic altezza will drag anything off haha. well not anthing.. ive yet to take it to the local strip. i say just floor it and change gears at 6100rpm and youl be sweet.

pwr button down wont do anything, that button is just a gearbox setting so it will be useless if you have it in tiptronic mode. pwr mode just makes the gbox down shift with less throttle when your in drive. man my 2jz 3.0l tiptronic altezza will drag anything off haha. well not anthing.. ive yet to take it to the local strip. i say just floor it and change gears at 6100rpm and youl be sweet.

Thats odd because when I use the power button I get sgift change at a higher rpm.

James

Thats odd because when I use the power button I get sgift change at a higher rpm.

James

indeed, but i was saying that like when your putting around at like 50kmh and you want to go say, 80, with the pwr button down it will be quicker to jump down a gear rather than just trying to accelerate in what ever gear its in at the time. sorry im not too good at explaining things lol. basically tip tronic overrides the pwr button s use in a drag.

Evan.

Thanks a lot for the tip but for some reason (may be it's me) I do fell a difference with the pwr button on in tiptronic mode :winky:

• 2 weeks later...

I will just like to add, that the pwr button did make a difference in manual mode. I Dyno the car today and it showed a significant difference on the graph.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links