Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Continental Headlight Beam Deflectors

And don't say "on your flippin headlights!" either!

On previous cars there have been all sorts of markings etched into the headlight lenses to show how to align the stick on beam deflectors. On the IS200 there are just two lines going directly across the lens.

I can't see how that is anything to do with it.

So, gurus, where and how do I align the beam deflectors? Off to France on Wednesday so need to buy them and stick em on correctly, don't want any gendarme action while I am away :whistling:

The only way i can think of setting them up is to park infront of a wall (10ish feet away) with your dipped beam on, and on the beam pattern you should see two points of light that go upwards from a flat line of light, left and right beam pattern, position the beam deflectors on the headlights to cut off this high point or do as i did and just adjust the lights to the lowest level on the height adjuster in the car while your over there :D

I took mine with me on the Nurburgring Trip, was going to play dumb and say I forgot to put them on if I got pulled.

Apparently the glue can be quite strong and on removal takes of the tiny coat of lacquer on the lens as someone mentioned

on LOC before we went (then they start to tinge yellowish and look old)....

I've been to France loads of times in different cars, also to the Ring in my Mini (which I chopped in for the Lex) and never bothered fitting them. But I read recently that there is a massive purge on foreign (ie UK) cars and that we have to have a reflective jacket, warning triangle etc and if not, then on the spot fines. I have the jacket (with the word Police on the back - that should shake em!) and the triangle, but I think I'll try and wing it on the light front, or maybe just use some duck tape and do what aztecbandit suggested, or just stick it on - if the buggers stop me, they won't have headlight gauging gear and if they see the tape on the lights they'll presume it is pukka. Fingers crossed.

And thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links