Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi everyone. this is my first proper posting since leaving the new members area. just a quick query, i have just taken delivery of my new (to me anyway) 2004 ls430 mk2, after having had a 2002 mk1 for the last couple of years. on my mk1 when i engaged reverse the rear mirrors dipped so you could tell where the kerb was in relation to the rear wheels, which was dead handy to avoid kerbing the alloys when parking.

with the new model when you engage reverse the rear camera comes on to show what is directly behind, but the mirrors dont dip to show where the back wheels are. is there a mod that can be done in the usual lexus way - ie open and shut the door three times, while pressing air con button, patting head and rubbing stomach all at the same time!!

or is it a lexus dealer fix?

or is it tough t*tties and get used to it?

thanx - i know someone out there will know the answer

Hi

Congrats on your new car. I have the 2005 model so think it's the same model... anyway to answer your question if you put the mirror adjusting switch to either left mirror or right mirror (i.e. not in the centre) the wing mirrors will dip down. At least I think that's what I did... it's either that switch or the mirror in / out switch. Have a shot and let me know.

Glenn

hi everyone. this is my first proper posting since leaving the new members area. just a quick query, i have just taken delivery of my new (to me anyway) 2004 ls430 mk2, after having had a 2002 mk1 for the last couple of years. on my mk1 when i engaged reverse the rear mirrors dipped so you could tell where the kerb was in relation to the rear wheels, which was dead handy to avoid kerbing the alloys when parking.

with the new model when you engage reverse the rear camera comes on to show what is directly behind, but the mirrors dont dip to show where the back wheels are. is there a mod that can be done in the usual lexus way - ie open and shut the door three times, while pressing air con button, patting head and rubbing stomach all at the same time!!

or is it a lexus dealer fix?

or is it tough t*tties and get used to it?

thanx - i know someone out there will know the answer

i had an 02 is200se and it definitely didnt have this feature.

thanks for the replys, i knew someone would have an answer. the mirrors now dip after having moved the mirror position switch to the left. that was a much easier solution than i was expecting!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links