Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water In Boot

Dexta

yo. today i took my car to lexus to see if they could figure out why there was water collecting in the left and right sections of the boot well :unsure: . the service manager had a look around and thaught it could be the sunroof drains are blocked. just wanted to hear all your guys thaughts and oppinions as i trust and respect your comments over any dealers "expert" opinion. it was like this when i bought it but i made sure it was part of the deal that i could get it sorted at their cost. any comments always appreciated

yo. today i took my car to lexus to see if they could figure out why there was water collecting in the left and right sections of the boot well :unsure: . the service manager had a look around and thaught it could be the sunroof drains are blocked. just wanted to hear all your guys thaughts and oppinions as i trust and respect your comments over any dealers "expert" opinion. it was like this when i bought it but i made sure it was part of the deal that i could get it sorted at their cost. any comments always appreciated

i just sorted mine out. if you take out the rear lights (2 10mm hex heads under plastic caps) you may see some corrosion. seems to be a weak spot. i just used some black silicone for short term but dont think it worth takin any more action unless the water returns. just pull the small plugs out an the water will empty out.

good luck mate

i just sorted mine out. if you take out the rear lights (2 10mm hex heads under plastic caps) you may see some corrosion. seems to be a weak spot. i just used some black silicone for short term but dont think it worth takin any more action unless the water returns. just pull the small plugs out an the water will empty out.

good luck mate

thanks man i will check it out at the weekend.

I've seen posts on this before - have a good search, it wasnt anything to do with corrosion for sure - the sunroof drains ring a bell tho.

cool will do. i notice your in aberdeen, off topic but who do you use to do work on your car??

He may be right about the sun roof.

Park the car so the front is slightly higher than the back.

Open the sunroof completely on slide and pour water in the side of it, you should see it coming out the bottom. if you dont its blocked.

Stav

If its the sunroof drain pipes to clear em go to a tyre dealer and ask a fitter for a long stem rubber car valve and remove the valve core from inside it , there should be a drainage hole at each corner of the sunroof opening , then ask the tyre fitter for the use of his airline and clip the valve into the end of the gauge ( you will need a tyre garage coz the ones at petrol garages don't clip around and hold the valve ) next locate the drain holes and push the rubber ball end of the valve (the bit that should be inside the rim & tyre ) and push it tightly over the hole and push the airline gauge to blow air down the drain pipe , this should clear any sludge or debris that is bocking the pipe , do this to them all and Bobs your Auntie's Usband , jobs a good un !

Hope this helps , you may have to bung the fitter a lady but its better than a wet boot .

Regards

Paul.

B)

PS , if you cant get the valve into the hole tight you need to find a peice of flexible hose that fits into the hole in the valve tightly , then poke that in the drain hole .

thats all a Lexus dealer will do, believe me .

I had a similar problem I was due to a leaky rear window combined with a small split in the drain off channels of the boot. I poured water into the top of the drain off channel and could see it dripping inside. Lexus took the rear window out and resealed it twice!! before it solved the problem. Taking the rubber bungs out does hid the problem though

I can't work out how the sunroof drains being blocked can put water in the boot. Where do they drain to normally?

My car had some water in the boot too, and some green sludge, probably because it's never been cleaned out properly. I've cleaned it all out now, but want to fix the problem for good.

I can't work out how the sunroof drains being blocked can put water in the boot. Where do they drain to normally?

My car had some water in the boot too, and some green sludge, probably because it's never been cleaned out properly. I've cleaned it all out now, but want to fix the problem for good.

the drain pipes run down to the rean down the pillars and then to the boot ( its the black pipe you can see at either side of the boot wells(dont know if thats what you call them) then to under the can where they exit.

the drain pipes run down to the rean down the pillars and then to the boot ( its the black pipe you can see at either side of the boot wells(dont know if thats what you call them) then to under the can where they exit.

I see :)

So if they get blocked how does the water end up in the boot, do the pipes split or something?

Mine doesn't have a sunroof but water was collecting in the same side that was repaired after a guy at work backed into the it.... i think it's the boot rubber not making a perfect seal anymore ...

like others above i just removed the rubber bung on the base... :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links