Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Interior Clock

Got a slight problem, wonder if anyone can help me...

All started after i crashed my car and got it all repaired, the standard CD player wouldnt work... wouldnt skip or load any disc. So i took it to the local lexus garage (carlisle) and the guy asked if it had been jump started, which it had.

He reckoned thats what the problem was and that itd knackered the cd player, he said i could pay up to 400 quid to get it repaired and it would be away up to 6 weeks, or i could pay a grand there and then and have a new one fitted.

So instead i thought id have a bash at fixing it myself first, took the cd player out, opened it up, took all the discs out, put it back together...and voila!, half an hours work fixed the bloody thing.

But after puttin the whole center console back together the clock and outside temp screen at the top isnt working. the orange background light is on but its not coming up with any digits at all.

Aint really a big problem like, i can live without it, but was just wondering if anyone had any ideas how i can get it working without me takin it to the garage again n have them quote me something il laugh at

Cheers! :D

If it's not the plugs then it's Bu :tsktsk: ered, sorry, but it's not that easy to break without taking it apart so if you have never had the unit open then it sounds like it could well just need plugging in properly.

:offtopic: ish I broke mine di :tsktsk: king about with something I should have left alone so if anyone is thinking of opening there a/c unit up then BE CAREFUL.

• 2 weeks later...

Why would jump starting a car cause anything like this to happen? You're only putting in the same amount of voltage from the donor Battery after all...? I don't plan on letting my Battery get so knacked it goes flat but you never know, and a jump is the standard way of getting it going again is it not?

Slightly off topic :offtopic:

The last time i tried to fix something was with my 17" flat LG LCD monitor, had 2 of them pesky thunder bugs stuck in the lcd panel and died, it took up like 4 pixels, not to mention the annoyance it causes having 2 black thing stuck in the middle of the screen. Took the screen apart, blew off the bugs, but when i put the thing back and switched it on a whole line across the screen was gone lol. Ended up getting a 20" wide screen instead. Now i got used to it, i really like it. £110 for a brand new flatron LG 20" widescreen.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links