Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Approved Pre-owned Lexus Sc430

Brian Richards

I am seeking a secondhand SC430 in Palladio silver, Rutland (beige) upholstery and dark wood (not sure if this is the walnut or maple).

One dealership advises that this specification, which is shown on page 13 of the latest brochure, is only available on cars that were supplied within the last six months. Another dealership say that they have a July 2007 car in these colours.

From what date did our required colour choice actually become available, we can then target our search back to that time?

We would not want to go back before Sept. 55 as we understand that this was an earlier shape and different wheels.

Talking about wheels, we have seen two different styles on advertised cars produced over the past two years. Did they change the spec. and if so when, or perhaps the owners introduced their own.

Brian in answer to your question I had an SC in Palladio silver with beige leather interior which I bought (new) in March 2006 it also had the new shape wheel inserts (5 spokes rather than discs), I recently traded this in (although it was to BMW) so they are out there.

I think the dealer's telling porkies...........the SC430 was updated in 2006 (around the 55 plate as you've mentioned) and it was at this point that they changed the wood trim to be the darker wood whatever the interior colour. They also changed the alloys to the darker grey ones, and I believe there were some other under the skin mods as well.

I don't believe there have been any other updates since then..........

The body shape of the car has not changed since launch. The 55 cars have slightly revised front grills and rear lights.

There are 3 different types of wheels since launch. changed around 2004 and 2006 model years.

Maple is the lighter coloured wood.

Cheers

Paul

I am seeking a secondhand SC430 in Palladio silver, Rutland (beige) upholstery and dark wood (not sure if this is the walnut or maple).

One dealership advises that this specification, which is shown on page 13 of the latest brochure, is only available on cars that were supplied within the last six months. Another dealership say that they have a July 2007 car in these colours.

From what date did our required colour choice actually become available, we can then target our search back to that time?

We would not want to go back before Sept. 55 as we understand that this was an earlier shape and different wheels.

Talking about wheels, we have seen two different styles on advertised cars produced over the past two years. Did they change the spec. and if so when, or perhaps the owners introduced their own.

Hi guys,

Thank you all for your input, it seems that I need to seek a two year old car or newer to hopefully get the spec that we require.

Brian

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links