Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rear Spoiler

mr frosty

Just purchased a genuine rear spoiler from fleebay and was hoping to have a go at fitting it myself. Was wondering if you guys could give a few pointers to help me. I've currently got the TTE lip spoiler but always thought it was a bit lacking in looks.

The spoiler is the same type as this one with brake light.........(apologies to Chris S for using your thread/pic)

acf.jpg

The part i'm most nervous about is drilling the holes in my boot, obviously they have to be in exactly the right place which is a bit tricky without a template to work with. I'm presuming that if i bought it new from the dealers it would come with templates included. So wondered if anybody had some i could borrow / use?

Also i've found an electrical connector behind the boot trim (2 pin square type) which i can use to connect the brake light wires to, but need the other half of the socket to connect it with. Does anyone have spare?

Sorry if i'm been a bit thick, but i really don't want to 'dive in with both feet' and mess up my boot. (if you know what i mean)

I have searched the forum for guide and found one for the high level type which was really good but only relevant in some areas.

Any general tips or advice you can throw my way would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, sorry but i don't have any answers to your query but I'm going to buy & fit one of these some day!

I also feel that the little boot lip spoiler is a little in-adequate, anyway I'm eagerly awaiting some good tips on fitting one :)

lightly tape/stick some thin card to the bottom side of the spoiler base and mark/punch the holes, now put the whole lot on the boot and maneuver till your happy with the positioning, then use some masking tape to hold the card onto the boot, now remove the spoiler without upsetting the cards position, now mark the drill holes and remove the card ....

well that's what i did and it worked out fine :)

goodluck

Ayup Mr Frosty iv always liked that 1 i miss it off my 1st Lex not keen on the 1 iv got now

Aztec has fitted a fair few on his so he can probably help u ;)

Ayeup darlin, i know what you mean. The TTE lip spoiler looks cool with the TTE front but i think the 1 i'm goin to put on goes well with the TRD front and skirts. Just my taste..........

Waitin for Aztec to throw some handy tips my way if he's the man the knowledge.....

Noel, thanks bud - i was thinkin along those lines myself but thought if someone has a template made up it would a little less fiddly to do and less chance of messing up the boot lid.

Will reach for the valium b4 drilling :wacko:

erm, i put up a possible suggestion just before your post which could save you buying a spoiler, and having to drill your bootlid

Sorry Matt, didn't see that. Thanks for the suggestion but it will only work if we both have black Lex's. Will PM him to find out more. Cheers. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links