Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Iphone Unlocking

Steve_D

Hey guys & gals,

I just bought an Iphone & i'm planning to use it with the Orange network, its locked to O2 & present so i'm looking to get it unlocked, i googled a bit & found all sorts of options such as turbo sim, www.iphoneunlockuk.com

Seems to be plenty of options for the process, but before i take one of the routes has anyone else done it & how did it work out, any probs?

Cheers,

Steve

I dont think they are allowed to disableyour device completely, but it can cause some problems.

Anyone seen or used the Samsung I900 Omnia, billed as being better than iphone and running windows?

Yep it doesn't disable it completely, but effectively turns into an iPod touch - just iPod and wifi, the cellular stuff dies.

My brother's getting an Omnia, I'll post back once I've had a play with it :)

I previously had an Iphone (first one - not 3G) and succesfully unlocked it and Jailbroke it - which allowed me to load free 3rd party applications on it - as well as customise more or less anything on the phone - including skinning the display (making it look entirely different) and even being able to change all the text that displays for any message - even the provider (instead of o2 mine said something else - plus you could change what it said when there was no signal)

The software I used was from ziphone (www.ziphone.org) - took about 10 minutes to do and for anyone with an Iphone 1 I cant recommend it enough - and its FREE!!!

Does not damage your phone - and the phone continues to work wirelessly and on any network.

The guy that invented the ziphone software is currently developing a version for the Iphone 3G (which I now have too) - and as soon as its released I'll be using it.

There is a couple of developers who have released a piece of software (the devteam) that apparently unlocks the Iphone 3G - and it appears to work - but I'm waiting for the ziphone version - This guy helped apple with development of some of the features so knows what he's talking about.

Also - The Iphone is ultimately a mini computer - and you can back the whole thing up (advisable before you do anything with it - just incase) - so any problems - you just connect to iTunes and restore it back to its original form. Just like you could do with a normal computer hard drive.

o2 cannot legally send any data to your phone that will stop it working (unless its reported stolen) - and if you did unlock - the whole purpose would be to use on another operator - they certainly wouldnt want to lose your business.....

OK guys, thanks for your feedback - i sucessfully jailbroke teh Iphone using software from www.iphoneunlockuk.com I can highly recommend their software, its done everything that Mark W mentioned, it connects to I Tunes for music, apps, videos - perfect :)

Steve

You have the choice as to whether you "upgrade" or not - iTunes asks you - doesnt force you.....so I always wait until you see feedback on websites as to whether it "unjailbreaks" the phone

I have an older Iphone, I wouldnt use Ziphone as it's said to change things that cannot be reverted, there's a whole load of hoo har about the guy that made ziphone and just about everyone else, anyway for now the only way to use a 3g Iphone on a different network is to buy one of the hardware sim changers, these fake your orange sim to look like an o2 one to your Iphone, im sure this wont take much longer until it can be broken by software alone. I use this site for the latest software news etc iphonefreakz

I have an older Iphone, I wouldnt use Ziphone as it's said to change things that cannot be reverted, there's a whole load of hoo har about the guy that made ziphone and just about everyone else, anyway for now the only way to use a 3g iphone on a different network is to buy one of the hardware sim changers, these fake your orange sim to look like an o2 one to your iphone, im sure this wont take much longer until it can be broken by software alone. I use this site for the latest software news etc iphonefreakz

Who is saying it changes things that cannot be reverted and what are these things?

You can always put the phone in DFU mode and re-image....just like any other computer.

Ok dont really know what you are talking about :lol:

But think I remember something about buying your I Phone from France because its Illegal to lock a phone to any provider over there, or so I heard. Not sure if this is true or not, just what I heard :whistling:

Later this month the pay as you go Iphone comes out, it's £350.00 for the 8 gig version and £400.00 for the 16 gig one, they both come with a years free 3g unlimited browsing and public wifi cloud access. but you have to use the supplied O2 sim card to get that.

But think I remember something about buying your I Phone from France because its Illegal to lock a phone to any provider over there, or so I heard. Not sure if this is true or not, just what I heard :whistling:

Wrong. However it can only be exclusive to a Network provider for 6 months. So after which time apple must supply the handset for alternative carriers. I.e Pay as you go/Unlocked.

If you need any help on unlocking the Iphone, i've unlocked several now please PM me. Their is safe software out their that unlocks the Iphone without the risk of permanently damaging the phone as it patches the existing backed up software and creates its own firmware. Also gives you the option of just unlock, just jail break or both. I would stay away from Ziphone to be honest...

PM me...

Wrong. However it can only be exclusive to a Network provider for 6 months. So after which time apple must supply the handset for alternative carriers. I.e Pay as you go/Unlocked.

If you need any help on unlocking the Iphone, i've unlocked several now please PM me. Their is safe software out their that unlocks the Iphone without the risk of permanently damaging the phone as it patches the existing backed up software and creates its own firmware. Also gives you the option of just unlock, just jail break or both. I would stay away from Ziphone to be honest...

PM me...

Not had a single prob using ziphone - no bricked phones or wifi issues. The only people slating him are the dev team- pods the usual hackers banter. Although have to admit they seem to have jumped ahead in releasing a jailbreak for fw 2.0 and above.

Tried QuickPwn last week on my 3G phone..... - excellent piece of software - now Jailbroken and loads of free apps installed.

Didnt unlock but I'm not fussed about that too much at the mo....If the new one unlocks as well then great news for people who want to though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links