Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Amp By Pass Lead

Maybe you shudda bought the lead from E-Bay me thinks :winky:

Glad you found a solution fella :D & fingers crossed no flat battery in the morning.

BTW call your harness supplier and tell them the issue (so future buyers don't get caught like you have)

[/quote

Wasnt flat... thankfully.. its a good headunit.. though does get abit of abuse in reviews... but im in france and am finding it flawless.. great screen, good sound with standard speakers, accurate traffic reports, speed cameras, etc...

Back to the lead.. did contact them... but they didnt seem to have any interest... said it had never been a problem before and it was probably my car that was different.. I stated that it makes no sense that my cars different as I got the info to rectify the situation from a LEXUS wiring diagram... Said he´d look into it... doubt it though....can only try.

Thanks all!

After reading this thread its got me kinda confused. I've always been into my ICE and when I get the lex on the road plan to transfer my current ICE in the civic to the lex.

I've currently got a JVC KD-AVX1 headunit, Vibe VP4 mono amp, and Fuel Audio subs. Ignoring my amp and subs which is a seperate issue from the headunit install, I've noticed in this thread at the start that a different "bypass" lead was shown which looks more like an ISO harness convertor. Mine is an SE model so I'm guessing its the other long lead that I need but I'm just a bit confused on its operation really. With the bypass lead, do any signals go into the amp from the headunit as from what I understand one the lead is installed the amp is disconnected so therefore is not used and the headunit amp then powers the speakers or does the lead get plugged into the amp and then the original lead going into the amp plugs into the bypass as well?

Apart from that will I need a harness convertor or that other lead thats shown at the start of the thread? Sorry to drag this topic on but I've not yet got round to removing the standard unit and seeing how its all wired up and what connectors are available.

After reading this thread its got me kinda confused. I've always been into my ICE and when I get the lex on the road plan to transfer my current ICE in the civic to the lex.

I've currently got a JVC KD-AVX1 headunit, Vibe VP4 mono amp, and Fuel Audio subs. Ignoring my amp and subs which is a seperate issue from the headunit install, I've noticed in this thread at the start that a different "bypass" lead was shown which looks more like an ISO harness convertor. Mine is an SE model so I'm guessing its the other long lead that I need but I'm just a bit confused on its operation really. With the bypass lead, do any signals go into the amp from the headunit as from what I understand one the lead is installed the amp is disconnected so therefore is not used and the headunit amp then powers the speakers or does the lead get plugged into the amp and then the original lead going into the amp plugs into the bypass as well?

Apart from that will I need a harness convertor or that other lead thats shown at the start of the thread? Sorry to drag this topic on but I've not yet got round to removing the standard unit and seeing how its all wired up and what connectors are available.

Firstly the "S" model(base model) doesnt have an amp so the ISO lead for the MR2 works just like any normal car (ford, etc).

The SE and Sport have amps, basically the speakers, a negative, Battery, and switched live go into the amp on one plug and the amp recieves a signal in a different form from the headunit on the other plug (the headunit has a seperate plug for live etc).

So in theory the lead off eBay is just a long ISO lead.

Hope that helps.

Stav

ahh right lol. thats much clearer now. just out of interest tho, who makes the leads? cheers mate

The lead I got for my sport model was from Autoleads...

Though a point to remember should you get one similar to mine... they have installed 2 wires in the harness, labeled and coloured as "memory".... They are crimped into the same crimp at the radio end of the autoleads harness, but in separate crimps at the amp end of the harness... which doesnt make sense...

Having been given a link to wiring diagrams from here (thanks again Aztecbandit!)... I saw that one of the so called "memory" wires in the harness, which connects to a grey wire from the amp connector on the car, is actually the ACC... so its necessary to cut this wire out at the car amp connector end of the autoleads harness and crimp the grey wire from the cars amp connector separately with the ACC wire from the radio harness which you recieve with your radio...

Otherwise you'll be waking up to a flat Battery like me as the power from the genuine memory wire returns up through the incorrectly connected ACC on the Autoleads harness, into the ACC and powers a load of systems on the car....

I hope it doesnt sound too confusing but I think if you have the Autoleads harness to hand and look at the cars amp connector, it will make sense. :whistling:

Appologies if it does...

As far as I (and everyone else?) was aware, Autoleads DO NOT make an AMP bypass lead (they have always done one fro the non amped S model system). Unless this is very new. A couple of guys on eBay just make them up especially.

brice1ie has had issues here that most don't. Usually it just plugs into your new HU and into the stock amp (thou often tricky to access), and works!

If you are running a full system with external amps (full range, with aftermarket speakers, not just sub) then you only need the lead for the power connections, which can be achieved another way if you know how.

As far as I (and everyone else?) was aware, Autoleads DO NOT make an AMP bypass lead (they have always done one fro the non amped S model system). Unless this is very new. A couple of guys on ebay just make them up especially.

brice1ie has had issues here that most don't. Usually it just plugs into your new HU and into the stock amp (thou often tricky to access), and works!

If you are running a full system with external amps (full range, with aftermarket speakers, not just sub) then you only need the lead for the power connections, which can be achieved another way if you know how.

haha... so ive seen...

But it had the same harness number that most talked about on here... PC... blah blah... i cant remember it now... but it was the exact number talked about on here for an x reg and it said lexus is200 amp bypass harness on the box... so.... it was a straight connection... they had just wired the ACC incorrectly..

But in saying if you can find one thats a guarrantee plug and play... BUY IT...

I did contact them about the harness error... they claimed that it was never an issue before... :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links