Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Ls400 Power Steering Replacement

Hi again, i think I need to replace the power steering unit on my 94 lexus as its very noisy, does anyone have any access to a sort of guide on its replacement??, any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks Dan

ps, also my abs light sometimes comes on?? any ideas :question:

W/shop manual says:

1 remove drivebelt

2 remove pump pulley using special service tool 09278-54012. one nut [don't know if this is essential!]

3 remove 3 fixing bolts.

4 there is no mention of removing the pipes! which you no doubt have to do..

torque for nut 32ft.llb/440kg-cm/43N.m

bolts 29ft.llb/400 /39N.m

ABS ...check wheel sensors and castellated ring is clean on hubs.

Adding fluid usually cuts out the noise. Best to check whether the oil is going onto the Alternator. If it is there is a small "O" ring that will stop it.

I hope you don't have to get a new pump.

thanks to everyone for their help,,,, I have noticed that the steering fluid oil level is stable and not leaking,,,, its like a sprocket grinding sort of noise when the wheel is turned,,, maybe the bearings have gone in the pump??, the steering is in full working order,,, just very noisy

Hi again, i think I need to replace the power steering unit on my 94 lexus as its very noisy, does anyone have any access to a sort of guide on its replacement??, any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks Dan

ps, also my abs light sometimes comes on?? any ideas :question:

Hi

Knew I'd seen it on here before, read the third entry from Neofate on this thread, he had the same noise and fixed it by bleeding.... it took bleeedin ages though...LOL

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=power+steering

Pete

yes that is very similar to what my car is doing,,,, I will give it a try in the next few days ( possibly next week when I have the money to buy the fluid), I will bleed the system and block up the valve/screw in the other posts,,, If i can I will include some photos to help anyone else who has this problem,,,, thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links