Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sony Xav-w1 Or Kenwood Ddx 6029?

Hey guys!

I'm lookin to purchase an in car DVD entertainment system and i had a look through a few systems that i like but i came up with these 2 that im particularly interested in. Only thing is i don't know if anyone here has tried either of them or if they would even fit into IS setup. And also im abit of a newbie to car audio so would someone please explain to me how easy/hard it is to remove the original head-unit? Here are the links to info about both units....Please let me know your opinions on which 1 out of the 2 you would think would be better.....And any help whatsoever will be much appreciated thank you guys...

Sony XAV-W1

Kenwood DDX 6029

Hey guys!

I'm lookin to purchase an in car DVD entertainment system and i had a look through a few systems that i like but i came up with these 2 that im particularly interested in. Only thing is i don't know if anyone here has tried either of them or if they would even fit into IS setup. And also im abit of a newbie to car audio so would someone please explain to me how easy/hard it is to remove the original head-unit? Here are the links to info about both units....Please let me know your opinions on which 1 out of the 2 you would think would be better.....And any help whatsoever will be much appreciated thank you guys...

Sony XAV-W1

Kenwood DDX 6029

i would say the kenwood normally but im not sure if this model is full ipod ready.. in other owrds it works but its not full speed and has some limits to its search functions..

the sony wont have the best sq but for a good all rounder it looks good. as an alternative there is the kenwood DNX-5220BTdnx-5220BT which has built in garmin sat nav, bt and is fully ipod ready. Its a far better unit on term sof sound quality however you will lose 5.1 (if you ever intended on a full 5.1setup ) and only has two preouts.

or as an alternative Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD as it looks really nice and is a lot cheaper!

all depends on budget and what you want from th eunit, what future plans are and amps etc..

Id av 2 buy Sony cos im a Sony nut :blush: & there after sales r faultless the best iv ever dealt with ;)

sony did have very good products but has declined over the years but sadly there prices have not..

there car stuff unless its the top end is really poor..

as for after sales, if you biy form a reputable dealer you should get the same service irrespective of brand.. hence why i always go back to the same shops..

looks a good call..

havent heard any JVC stuff but i know there is a partbership' with JVC and kenwood now sharing technology, R&D and some distribution..

until i hear diff i think kenwood will still have the edge on SQ but the JVC seems a good bargain if you doint want the extra functions..

Thanks for all your replies guys....Hmmm...i'm really spoilt for choice here!

I like the kenwood 6029 but as redz sed not sure about the ipod features...

I do like the look of the Sony and im also drawn to it because it has a 7inch screen but as Redz sed abt sq i do feel tht sq is really important otherwise theres just no point...

The Kenwood DNX 5220 is really good but its abit over my budget...

The JVC unit is also very good but...

Then I really like the Pioneer unit. It looks by far the best in my opinion, has good features but then it does have the smallest screen out of the lot...is Pioneer SQ any good?

My budget is between £300-£400...and it doesnt have to be brand new...

Also wud it be ok to import frm US?

Hmmm i really don't know now....sum1 please help me to narrow it down! lol

the pioneer is a good unit has good 4v preouts and is easily expandable, BT, tv tuner etc..

only downside is only 2 preouts.. not so much of a problem if you are uisng a sub and fronts but there are soloutions...

oh, and as for buying from the us, i wouldnt, buy uk and get teh warranty and such with it..

only downside is only 2 preouts.. not so much of a problem if you are uisng a sub and fronts but there are soloutions...

Sorry newb question coming up....wat are the solutions 2 the pioneer system havin only 2 preouts? Bearing in mind that im not planning on puttin in a sub just yet?

Sorry newb question coming up....wat are the solutions 2 the pioneer system havin only 2 preouts? Bearing in mind that im not planning on puttin in a sub just yet?

the rear is switchable to sub.. just dont use rears.. a good set of comps upfront will sound a lot better..

could add the external processor and get 5.1 which will give you the preouts..

use a splitter on the front signal..

use an amp with high level inputs..

and the list goes on...

I'd suggest getting a Head Unit with 3 dedicated Pre-Outs if at all possible within your budget,

plans for ICE systems sometimes change, and you won't have full control if you want to add

a Subwoofer to your set up later. I originally planned on adding a small sub & amp...........

and look where I ended up.

You would end up with the 6x9's & Sub going up and down together on the same fader, or

having no rears.... not the best solution IMO, but as the saying goes

you pays yer money.............you takes your choice :winky:

the rear is switchable to sub.. just dont use rears.. a good set of comps upfront will sound a lot better..

could add the external processor and get 5.1 which will give you the preouts..

use a splitter on the front signal..

use an amp with high level inputs..

and the list goes on...

Well in that case i mite just go for the kenwood then....i wasn't really lookin to fiddle around too much to be honest...no plans 4 subs and amps as yet but will come l8r on in the future...

By the way Redz your car looks quite similar to mine, i got 19" black TSW Montage's with poilished lip on mine...i personally think black wheels look really nice with silver cars especially platinum ice B)

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links