Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Lip Installation

hey everyone.

i'm placing an order for a lip kit including the front lip. i wanted to know how exactly the front lip is usually attached? the IS250 has a factory spoiler thing beneath the front bumper, does this actually have to be removed to fit the front lip. and does anyone know if the front lip can actually be installed without having to remove bumper etc.?

i know my IS250 SE-L has the factory front spoiler which i want to replace with the front lip. but can anyone please tell me if the factory SE-L's come with any side skirts of any kind? as i am looking at the picture of the side skirts on a lexus and cannot seem to tell the difference at all between it and my car?

i know my IS250 SE-L has the factory front spoiler which i want to replace with the front lip. but can anyone please tell me if the factory SE-L's come with any side skirts of any kind? as i am looking at the picture of the side skirts on a lexus and cannot seem to tell the difference at all between it and my car?

1. The factory front lip needs to be removed to fit the front GFX spoiler (I still have mine in the garage somewhere).

2. The GFX front spoiler can be fitted without totally removing the front bumper, although you do have to release the bottom end. I did mine on axle stands as you have to drill/slot the original bumper to fit the spoiler with the plastic clips provided and 3M adhesive tape.

3. The GFX side skirts are marginally wider than the originals, but unless you can compare them side by side it's difficult to notice the difference.

Here's the link to the installation instructions for the front lip http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/import/pd...08154-53830.pdf

Glad I had my Lip Spoilers fitted prior to purchase as every front lip spoiler I have seen has a gap as it rounds the fog-light area----mine has no visible gaps so both parts in fact can be fitted perfectly with the right planning etcetera.

Tel

Glad I had my Lip Spoilers fitted prior to purchase as every front lip spoiler I have seen has a gap as it rounds the fog-light area----mine has no visible gaps so both parts in fact can be fitted perfectly with the right planning etcetera.

Tel

...you haven't seen mine then :D . You do have to ensure the spoiler is held into the bumper when you run up the fasteners (the 9 tapping screws) and the pressure has to be maintained on the 3M adhesive tape while you're doing it. Simple enough really, if you just take the care.

hey Tango, do you know how to remove the OEM side skirts? i need to remove the original ones to put in the new GFX ones. I know how to remove the front lip as its meant to be 9 screws and 2 clips or something.

hey Tango, do you know how to remove the OEM side skirts? i need to remove the original ones to put in the new GFX ones. I know how to remove the front lip as its meant to be 9 screws and 2 clips or something.

I'll pre-empt your next question(s), here's the installation instructions for the entire OEM GFX range including the rear skirt. http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/import/pdf/IS_complete.pdf

• 4 months later...
Excellent insight-------Have you got the rear-lip spoiler data by any chance please?

Tel

Of course :winky: http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/import/pd...08150-53850.pdf

Hello Tango-- seems you have access to all the key insights here. Perhaps you can help me?

I am a total newcomer and have posted this already here at the UK and at the US forum, but no results so far. Then I stumbled upon this thread, which comes close...

I have an IS 350 (2006 US version; possibly different from UK version?) and have badly scratched up the front bumper lip (this is not a spoiler, as in the other person's question above) and want to remove the old one and install a replacement, which I have already. This lip is a two-piece affair, joined at center and appears to be only held in place via 6 (or 8?--I don't have it right here) screws and small click-in latches that fit into the bumper above. I did remove the screws of the installed lip, but it just wasn't enough to remove it from the bumper. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hello Tango-- seems you have access to all the key insights here. Perhaps you can help me?

I am a total newcomer and have posted this already here at the UK and at the US forum, but no results so far. Then I stumbled upon this thread, which comes close...

I have an IS 350 (2006 US version; possibly different from UK version?) and have badly scratched up the front bumper lip (this is not a spoiler, as in the other person's question above) and want to remove the old one and install a replacement, which I have already. This lip is a two-piece affair, joined at center and appears to be only held in place via 6 (or 8?--I don't have it right here) screws and small click-in latches that fit into the bumper above. I did remove the screws of the installed lip, but it just wasn't enough to remove it from the bumper. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Unfortunately they don't allow us Brits the IS350 unless we import them ourselves, but the fitting is the same so remove the nine tapping screws and two clips, detach the ten tabs and remove it. There's nothing else holding it on :D See my first post and open up the installation procedure link, then look at section 2.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links