Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Steering + Spare Key

norlec

Hi All

I have a 1999 GS300 Sport which I have just bought and took it for its first long run Yesterday (Thursday) and the car has just had a new MOT but the Power Steering is quite noisy is this a common thing with these cars or should I be looking for trouble.

Also can anybody guide me in the right direction for a spare key without going through the main dealer who wants a ridiculous price I have tried eBay USA but there frequency is different to ours so I have been advised that they will not work on my car.

Thanks

Norman :unsure:

Hi All

I have a 1999 GS300 Sport which I have just bought and took it for its first long run Yesterday (Thursday) and the car has just had a new MOT but the Power Steering is quite noisy is this a common thing with these cars or should I be looking for trouble.

Also can anybody guide me in the right direction for a spare key without going through the main dealer who wants a ridiculous price I have tried ebay USA but there frequency is different to ours so I have been advised that they will not work on my car.

Thanks

Norman :unsure:

I have sorted the steering I checked the oil level and it was empty so I re-filled it and I had a leak on a pipe tucked away near the radiator.

I would like some help with the key if somebody knows where I can get one.

Glad you got it sorted without costing a fortune. Hope you have same with key. Try a proper locksmith. There is one in Coventry who does keys/transponder for most cars...Eynes I think they are called.

Also can anybody guide me in the right direction for a spare key without going through the main dealer who wants a ridiculous price I have tried ebay USA but there frequency is different to ours so I have been advised that they will not work on my car.

The odd one does pop up on eBay UK, although I would think that a Denso Toyota key would work. Not sure if the Valeo key's for european manufactured Toyota's would work though. The Denso ones have a gold T logo on the back and Valeo ones tend to just have the logo moulded into the plastic.

The odd one does pop up on eBay UK, although I would think that a Denso Toyota key would work. Not sure if the Valeo key's for european manufactured Toyota's would work though. The Denso ones have a gold T logo on the back and Valeo ones tend to just have the logo moulded into the plastic.

Thanks James and Dave.

I will keep my eyes on eBay I may strike lucky.

Norman

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links