Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking For Another Is200

boddamloon

As most of you are aware i moved to Cyprus a few months back. I decided i would go and look at some IS200 and boy was i amazed!!!! I sold my IS200(2000) for £2700 before i left with a few add ons etc etc and if i were to buy a 99 one here i would be paying anything up on €14,000 private. I bought a 2006 Nissan navara for €22,000 and a 2000 Clio for €500 so i know the places to buy cars but if you want a Lex this is not the place to BUY one.

I thought about importing but it can take a long time with paperwork here and if you dont turn up when they tell you each time there is a fine, and as im not in country all the time i decided against it.

I am bidding on a 1993 E220 coupe at the moment so this might be my new luxury motor im afraid.

Hopefully it will be cheap and still give me some comfort and reliability, or there is a 325 Bmw E36 but i think the Merc would be more unique.

+ side of things here are:

Insurance- theres no crime so its really cheap

Road Tax- Clio €35 and Nissan €90 per year

MOT- €35 but lasts 2 years

Petrol-€1 per litre of 95 RON

Dont pay Income tax and only £110 NI(UK) per year

4 bedroom villa and acre of land-rates €40 per year

Garbage €20 per year

Water €40 per year(have 18X17X6 ft pool)

Because im above 600 metres i get €500 per year heating allowance(29C today)

At the moment there are a lot more + than - rather than staying in UK and who know another LEX might just come along soon :whistling:

Hi mate, I could of told you all about the prices if I knew sooner as I lived out there and took my Lex with me.. Your best bet is to get one over here and send it accoross and you won,t pay import duty if it was your only car that you took out there as you are allowed per person.. Just keep it 6 months here before you ship it,..

Got to go to wor now if you want any more info give me a shout

:whistling:

Yeh i knew about that but i think i spoke to you before that my car had too much mods and it would have been a pain changing it all back to standard. I still dont have time for all the trips back and forth to customs. Thanks for advice anyways

You don't have to spend too much rime going back and forth from customs, at first I went every 2months and got to know them as I was always nice a polite to them. Do not believe what you hear from people out there, I can speak from experience. The first time is a bit scary as you not sure what is happening but when you know what the crack is I use to be in and out within 15mins.. If you can do it then get one from the UK I will drive it there for ya and I can meet up with old friends. HA HA :whistling:

If you need to know more let me know, just remember I have done all this when I took my lex out there but to unforseen curcumstances I had to come back to the UK so my lex came back with me.. very easy I would take another car back out there and will when I sort things out here in the next few years as it is a great place out there... apart from the euro tho :crybaby:

I get paid in $ and £ and € is came back up a small bit so im doing good at the moment. My work has capped the dollar at $1.80 so its really good now haha.

So many people have moved away from here in last 6 months and there are some good deals on certain cars at the moment and property is starting to fall with sales down 40% so because im bringing my money into cyprus instead of trying to make a wage here its actually going in right direction. The more people to go and the cheaper cars will also get i expect.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links