Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Judder

I've had a reasonable brake judder for quite a while now, and had put it down to warped discs (also stated by Kwik Fit) and had done my best to ignore it as it wasn't dangerous or anything, just annoying.

However, I finally had my front discs and pads changed last week at WIM, as well as the geo sorted and it's still there :crybaby:

Now I'm pretty sure that the discs couldn't possibly have warped again so are there any other problems that can cause brake judder?

have you checked to make sure your brake sliding pins are moving freely?

As i have seen that when they are seized in situ they can cause judder as it applies uneaven brake pressure to the disc to one side

the sliding pins are the ones that connect the body to the carrier... you undo one of the 14mm bolts that connect them when changing pads.

best way to check is to remove pads, bolt caliper back and move the caliper back and forth.. should slide nicely..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links