Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Does Disp 2 Button Do? How Long Is Lexus Rust Protection?

Hi Guys

On my LS430, I have the DISP 2 button onmy steering wheel. Does it have any use apart from switching on / off my outside temperature display in the instrument console?

Also, on the boot of my Lexus servived LS430 2001 model, I have a rust spot near the number plate area the size of a 50p piece. Amazing I know!! I went to a body shop and he was very surprised to see rust on a Lexus!! How long is the Lexus rust protection? I would like to know this before I ring them. Ive had a look in the manual and can not see it anywhere. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

best wishes

Hi Guys

On my LS430, I have the DISP 2 button onmy steering wheel. Does it have any use apart from switching on / off my outside temperature display in the instrument console?

Also, on the boot of my Lexus servived LS430 2001 model, I have a rust spot near the number plate area the size of a 50p piece. Amazing I know!! I went to a body shop and he was very surprised to see rust on a Lexus!! How long is the Lexus rust protection? I would like to know this before I ring them. Ive had a look in the manual and can not see it anywhere. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

best wishes

Hi

DISP2 button was for the laser cruise which they deemed fit not to fit on UK spec cars..... So no it only does the second temp display.

I am pretty sure the rust warranty was 6 years on your car, and anyway it was a perforation rust waranty and if it's the place I think you are talking about it's pretty common, I've seen a few, its caused by the plastic boot handle thingy that holds the number plate light, biting into the boot lid when tightened up and wearing the paint off when you use it to open the boot so I don't think it would be covered anyway.

Pete

I had the same rust problem on the bootlid on my LS430 when I bought it a couple of months ago. The Lexus dealer did get it sorted out under warranty for me, so if you have any warranty it's worth a go.

KEITH

Hi

As usual Pete got it right... I have the 2005 model LS430 purchased from Germany as I was moving to Spain and the DISP 2 button is for the radar cruise control, basically it toggles between 3 options of the distance you wish to keep between yourself and the car in front. When the cruise is not selected it does tha same as you mention, switch on the outside temp display.

Pete, aka Jedi Master, beat me to it again!

Glenn

Hi Guys

best wishes

Hi Guys

best wishes

Hi,

I have a 2001 LS 430 which also has rust bubbles on the boot lid directly under the number plate lights. I have also noticed a bubble appearing on the O/S door just below the door mirror. I took the car to Lexus Brighton and they said they had never seen this before. They had an LS 430 in their car park so I had a look. It also had rust bubbles in exactly the same places. I am now waiting to hear back from Lexus regarding this issue. My understanding is this model has a 12 year anti-perforation guarantee. I believe Disp 2 just works the outside temperature guage. Angus

Hi Angus

I have exactly the same sort of rust on my boot lid around the number plate area. I had not expected to see that on a 2001 plate. I rang Lexus and have arranged to take it on Tuesday. To tell you the truth, the after sales manager wasnt the most welcoming on the phone - maybe he is fed up of paying for resprays!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links