Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bonfire Night

Andy-R

Is it just me who hates bommy night, i've been called a miserable B :tsktsk: ard alot of times over the past week or so by the missus and that's after I agreed to go to an organised display, I just don't get it, it stinks for starters the smell gets in your house your car on your clothes and takes days to get rid of, people set off fireworks at all hours for weeks before and weeks after and people are basically allowed to commit arson even tho the authorities say only go to organised events, it puts extra strain on our already overstretched and underpaid emergency services, and all boils down to an annual celebration of a foiled terrorist plot. If I didn't have kids I'd be locking the house up shutting the curtains and sticking a dvd on until it's all over.

Bahhhhhhhhhh HUMBUG !!

Letting fireworks off after 11pm gets on my :tsktsk: but other than that, let people have some fun.

You don't have to go to a display do ya !

Yes mate I have to go firstly for the kids and secondly because of the grief i'll get for weeks if I don't :whistling:

Is it just me who hates bommy night, i've been called a miserable B :tsktsk: ard alot of times over the past week or so by the missus and that's after I agreed to go to an organised display, I just don't get it, it stinks for starters the smell gets in your house your car on your clothes and takes days to get rid of, people set off fireworks at all hours for weeks before and weeks after and people are basically allowed to commit arson even tho the authorities say only go to organised events, it puts extra strain on our already overstretched and underpaid emergency services, and all boils down to an annual celebration of a foiled terrorist plot. If I didn't have kids I'd be locking the house up shutting the curtains and sticking a dvd on until it's all over.

No, it's not just you. It's me, my wife & our 2 dogs - the last 3 go crazy :blink: . I don't mind too much the 5th itself, but these days people stretch it out over 2 weeks which is ridiculous. Also I don't know why people waste a lot of money on a few crappy bangs and flashes when they can get a better display at an organised event at a far cheaper price.

Was a he a terrorist or a freedom fighter :unsure: ? If he'd succeeded we might have ended up with a better political system - Democracy in this country - my 4r5e :excl: :megaangry:

No, it's not just you. It's me, my wife & our 2 dogs - the last 3 go crazy :blink: . I don't mind too much the 5th itself, but these days people stretch it out over 2 weeks which is ridiculous. Also I don't know why people waste a lot of money on a few crappy bangs and flashes when they can get a better display at an organised event at a far cheaper price.

Was a he a terrorist or a freedom fighter :unsure: ? If he'd succeeded we might have ended up with a better political system - Democracy in this country - my 4r5e :excl: :megaangry:

If he tried it now he'd be a terrorist :lol:

Funnily enouh you have just reminded me of the dangers of 'home' fireworks parties.

Alcohol & Fireworks are not a good mix. Many years ago at a fireworks party I pulled

my Ex-Wife out of the way of a misguided rocket headed for her face.

Sometime's you can't help yourself and just do things on instinct :tomato:

Funnily enouh you have just reminded me of the dangers of 'home' fireworks parties.

Alcohol & Fireworks are not a good mix. Many years ago at a fireworks party I pulled

my Ex-Wife out of the way of a misguided rocket headed for her face.

Sometime's you can't help yourself and just do things on instinct :tomato:

:lol:

Thanks Wozza youv'e just reminded me I can't even have a bevy when i'm there as I've got to drive home.

well i hold a firework party every year mainly because my granded used to do it before he passed away so i was next in line etc

as for the spending of money on then its something fun that i know my neighbours kids enjoy so we dont mind doing it they get a night out ok only next door but hey

and its allways a safe situation at the end of the day its once a year make it a memorable night for all

well i hold a firework party every year mainly because my granded used to do it before he passed away so i was next in line etc

as for the spending of money on then its something fun that i know my neighbours kids enjoy so we dont mind doing it they get a night out ok only next door but hey

and its allways a safe situation at the end of the day its once a year make it a memorable night for all

I know the kids enjoy it that's why I agreed, I personally can't stand it tho, it's supposed to be once a year but round here atleast it last's about a month.

Well im working tonight, we will be having 2 lads on the roof for most of the night, on firework look out :o as i work on a chemical plant and some of the locals think its a good idea to try setting the place ablaze :o only yesterday i was driving the FLT down the yard and one came over :D

Not really looking forward to going in tonight :o

Well im working tonight, we will be having 2 lads on the roof for most of the night, on firework look out :o as i work on a chemical plant and some of the locals think its a good idea to try setting the place ablaze :o only yesterday i was driving the FLT down the yard and one came over :D

Good luck Fella.

I don't mind Bonfire night....that's the 5th of November. I don't even mind one of the days at the weekend close to this date being used for formal firework shows. What grinds my gears is the way people think anytime between the end of October all the way through to Xmas and New Year is a reason to set off fireworks.

I personally (when I am President) would ban the private use of fireworks without a license for all days of the year except 5th of Nov and a designated weekend day.

There is no excuse for the continued setting off of fireworks that seems to occur every night around this time. I blame the scroats!.

aaaah but something to look forward to is the nice cold one in the fridge when you get home :D

Very true my friend B)

please don't call me that in public :tomato:

I think you just got scared by a banger when you were ickle :lol:

Very sorry my friend :P , bangers don't scare me at all mate in fact i'm having bangers for tea tomorrow :lol:

Glad I went today now tho my 8 year old daughter ended up being on Granada Reports (local news) giving out some very good firework safety advice ;)

Still should be banned tho apart from organised displays.

Oh one thing I did realise driving down very dark lanes on the way home is I really want a HID kit (it's getting longer this bloody list)

Good luck Fella.

Well lots of fireworks came over, no Fire's mind, roll on tonight again :duh:

Good luck Fella.

Well lots of fireworks came over, no Fire's mind, roll on tonight again :duh:

Tut tut tut. When will they learn? Can't blame ignorance - the dangers of mucking about with fireworks are clearly publicised. Those who mess around with them and get injured are always the first to blame everyone else for their misfortune.

Hope you have a hassle free night.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links