Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Back At Dealer After Four Days

Hi hector-uk

Sorry to her of the hassle.

They had it for two days in all. They dealt with it quite well car returned working and spotless.

They also collected my own car from work and gave me another, so i can't really complain. It was more inconvenient than anythiing else.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Greig

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, an update of my situation with the warning lights, is still unresolved and has become worse !! Not the car but what was discovered.

My car was seen to just before christmas regarding the "Check VSU" warning light and they found that one of the ABS sensors had been cut !! :crying:

So they turned round and said that I have had work done to the car, invalidating the warranty and refuse to pay for a new sensor.

Well the only work done to the car was done by a Lexus approved Garage recommended by Lexus Glasgow themselves, since they dont have a bodyshop of their own. This was done a couple of years ago when unfortunately I had a nasty accident where someone smashed into the back of me and then I hit the guy infront. I informed them of this and they contacted the Garage, who play the innocent party saying that they did no work to the front of the car!! What absolute liars !! :tsktsk: When infact they had repared the front bonnet which was involved in the initial accident and also said they had to put the car on a "jig" not sure what that means?

Anyway, i'm left now with the warning light constantly on, the car is safe to drive i'm told but the thought now i'm gonna have to fork out and pay for a new sensor, which i'm not even sure how much is gonna be. Oh, they also meantioned that someone had tried to stick the sensor back on with black tape!!

Lexus Glasgow say they will contact the Garage again on Monday first thing, but I get the feeling that no one is gonna admit to this and i'm gonna be left with the bill!!

I've tried to keep the car in the best condition possible and any work required has been done at the garage recommended by Lexus. It just feels unfair !!

Hope Lexus get some joy from the accident repair garage.

However if they don't then it's going to get complicated, I think. Some points though. If the car has been regularly serviced by Lexus, why did they not spot the "cut" ABS sensor. If it has been cut, then why is not just a wiring problem? The accident repairers were Lexus approved so, in my view, Lexus UK (not Lexus Glasgow) should cover the faulty workmanship carried out by their approved repairer.

My view is that if it does need a new sensor, then pursue it with Lexus UK. They have probably the best customer service record in the car business. If that fails then a warning should be issued on this forum first about subcontracted repair work not being guaranteed by Lexus. Future buyers need to know the risks of dealing with a Lexus dealership which does not have FULL facilities.

A further thought. Why didn't Lexus Glasgow inspect your car after the repair? They are responsible for the corrossion warranting.

The OP doesn't say where he bought the car and for how long he has owned it before this problem has surfaced.

If it was bought as a Lexus AUC from a Lexus main dealer then the OP has very strong legal grounds to not only get the car 'fixed' but also consider rejection given the nature of the fault.

Clearly if it was bought privately, then you just have to hope for the best with Lexus...

Thanks for the info.

The car was bought new from Lexus Glasgow around 2 and half years ago, so still under warranty. All servicing completed by Lexus Glasgow too. In the servicing, do they check sensors etc coz then they really should have picked this up earlier?

They will contact the garage tomorrow morning, which is the only other place my car has had any work done, and I will see from there.

Here's hoping.

You have to look at who your contract is with. I am assuming that when your car was crashed into you had it repaired through your insurance company and they arranged a bodyshop or agreed use of a certain bodyshop. If this is the case your first port of call is your insurance company. You need to convince them the original repair was unsatisfactory and it is up to them to pursue the bodyshop, not you.

hector-uk

Sorry to hear that this is turning into a nightmare.

As per kenfoxy, had the services not caught this issue of cut sensors? Very strange.

Your first port of call maybe your insurance company and the repair garage, but I think after this time they will deny liability. It may be worth play the game of "Lexus Glasgow and Repair Garage sort it out between you as no one else has touched it and you, the servicing garage, look like you didn't bother with much!"

No an easy one, best of luck and keep us up to date.

Greig

hector-uk

Sorry to hear that this is turning into a nightmare.

As per kenfoxy, had the services not caught this issue of cut sensors? Very strange.

Your first port of call maybe your insurance company and the repair garage, but I think after this time they will deny liability. It may be worth play the game of "Lexus Glasgow and Repair Garage sort it out between you as no one else has touched it and you, the servicing garage, look like you didn't bother with much!"

No an easy one, best of luck and keep us up to date.

Greig

I don't think the insurance company will be interested because the satisfaction note gets them out of it.

What makes me think that Lexus UK will pay for the repair as a goodwill gesture is that I had a not dissimilar experience with MAZDA UK. I won't bore you with details but I took my other car, a Mazda 6, do dealer A with a sensor problem. They diagnosed it as requiring a replacement. Dealer A goes bust so I took it to Dealer B who found that whoever had tested it cross-threaded it, wrecking the sensor. Dealer B refused to pay for it under warranty because Dealer A was responsible for bad workmanship not Dealer B. I initially paid for the repair to get my car back and MAZDA UK paid out as a goodwill gesture. With Lexus the customer service should be equally good given their deserved reputation.

Surely the insurance company will have a breakdown of the repairs done to the car, and thus be able to provide evidence that the front of the car was also repaired. At the very least there will be statements made at the time describing the accident, upon which basis for "blame" would have been made, and these would also carry validity?

Good luck getting it sorted though

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links