Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Iphone2 Compatible With 2006 Is250 Or Not? Urgent

Hello all

was just on the brink of subscribing 50 quid a month to an Iphone today, when a guy in the shop mentioned it didnt have Bluetooth.

Now i am a bit of a technophobe ( and getting on a bit), so would be grateful for any advice which could be given in very simple language to me!!

I have a sony ericcson phone already , and the dealership transferred my numbers, i think by 'Bluetooth' , to the car, so i can press the names on the screen and make a phone call.

if i buy the Iphone then:-

1. will the numbers from the other phone still stay in the car screen as i am also changing network provider (orange dont do iphone)

2. will i be able to still press these numbers and get through

3. will the Iphone know those numbers somehow?

4. does the Iphone work at all through the car anyway, because one websit said it wouldnt.

would really, really be delighted with any help you can give,as its really important to me

Thankyou :unsure:

There's some info here:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=52306

Can't say I've tried it as I don't have an IS250 - but that link suggests that your old numbers will indeed stay in the car!

The phone does have Bluetooth support for the carkit so not sure where that comment came from?

1996 is250 ? think you may mean 2006 is250 :winky:

Thankyou both for answering, you are absolutely right, - i did mean 2006--- told you i was getting on a bit!!

so it might just work then according to that link from the first answer

blimey, this stuff is so complicated isnt it, i'm too frightened to buy anything these days in case i pick the wrong one and am stuck with it for 18 months

glad i bought my lexus though! and i do like these little orange men things on the emails

Tingly :driving:

Thankyou both for answering, you are absolutely right, - i did mean 2006--- told you i was getting on a bit!!

blimey, this stuff is so complicated isnt it, i'm too frightened to buy anything these days in case i pick the wrong one and am stuck with it for 18 months

glad i bought my lexus though! and i do like these little orange men things on the emails

Yer i thought lexus and Iphone sort of went together, from whats been said :whistling:

Yer i thought lexus and Iphone sort of went together, from whats been said :whistling:

so did i , but someone mentioned it in the 02 shop, and so i have since been in carphone warehouse, where the salesman wasnt sure, and said he didnt think it would because it only had Bluetooth for music files--- no good to me, i dont listen to machine music, just radio 2 and 4!

Iphone has Bluetooth, if you change phone or provider the numbers in your car are in it's memory ( speed dial ) so will stay there.

What you can't do is send your numbers from the Iphone to the car, only problem I have had is is you get a out of range message or similar on the Iphone hen you can't use the phone in the car without manually clearing it. A bit inconvenient as you may not know you have got it, I suspect the same may happen if you receive a text and don't clear it but I'm guessing.

Worth playing around a bit to see what problems you get.

This is all based on a pre. 3G Iphone but I doubt if it's changed in these areas.

Iphone has bluetooth, if you change phone or provider the numbers in your car are in it's memory ( speed dial ) so will stay there.

What you can't do is send your numbers from the iphone to the car, only problem I have had is is you get a out of range message or similar on the iphone hen you can't use the phone in the car without manually clearing it. A bit inconvenient as you may not know you have got it, I suspect the same may happen if you receive a text and don't clear it but I'm guessing.

Worth playing around a bit to see what problems you get.

This is all based on a pre. 3G iphone but I doubt if it's changed in these areas.

Oh thankyou Steve from west midlands. so what your saying, if i am right, is , say if i got an answer phone message on my phone, or say a text , and didnt open it up, and then tried to use my phone in the car, it might not work. Thats a bit inconvenient isnt it?

Perhaps i should buy the lg viewty one which has been called the Iphone killer. i know with that i'm allowed to keep my orange sim and contract

Ok for 3g too - connects fine to any Bluetooth car kit.

Cpw sales guy wrong though as it can't do music via bluetooth (a2dp)

ooh , and you tend to listen to them as though they are experts dont you?

i think i prefer the Iphone to the lg one, but steve from the midlands say you have to clear it down of messages and texts before you can use it in the car, which seems a bit of a fiddle. ( and in oranges favour, they are now giving me the lg free and £20 inc vat will give me 600 mins a month.

am really not sure what to do, thanks for all your input though, it at least helps me to understand how these things work :shifty:

If you don't want or need an "iPod" per se then I'd say stick with the lg as that's a good deal.

Do you want to surf a lot or happy to do odd bit of browsing?

Iphone deals come with unlimited Internet but if you not going to use much then paying the extra 25 a month for Iphone poss a waste....

Don't get me wrong, I love ( a bit strong ;) ) my Iphone but that's because it suits my needs

Sounds like the lg may suit you fine and save you a couple of hundred quid a year ?

If you don't want or need an "iPod" per se then I'd say stick with the lg as that's a good deal.

Do you want to surf a lot or happy to do odd bit of browsing?

iPhone deals come with unlimited Internet but if you not going to use much then paying the extra 25 a month for iPhone poss a waste....

Don't get me wrong, I love ( a bit strong ;) ) my iPhone but that's because it suits my needs

Sounds like the lg may suit you fine and save you a couple of hundred quid a year ?

Thanks Mark,

I do surf quite a bit, i want to be able to do it on my phone, rather than buy a netbook or carry a laptop around with me. when is say a lot, probaby an hour a day would do me,( i dont know whether thats a lot in the great scheme of things)

the lg is a good deal, but that i phone does feel very nice, and does have a nice big screen , as you will know, which you can make larger with your fingers.

the thing is--do you get the problem with the i phone the same as steve--as in , it wont work when your driving if youve got unlistened to messages, or unread messages. If that is the case, that would probably rule it out for me, cos that would be a bit inconvenient to say the least.

tingly

When you say you'll probably use the internet an hour a day or so, I think you will be surprised as a lot of apps you can get use real time (or close) data in the Iphone so you may find this sort of thing useful - its not just about browsing.

I had one but it wasn't for me because:

1. You can't transfer all contacts in a single action. This may not affect you as yours are already in the Lex system and I assume you would be transferring new or just deleting the odd ones. I work on different contracts for a couple of months at a time so will have a good 60+ phone numbers of the subbies, etc so transfer, remove and add knew ones with each project. Couldn't be done in a single pass with the Iphone. It could be an issue for you if ever they were cleared. As a one off, it would be worth fiddling around with a PC and another Bluetooth device (like keeping your existing SE) in getting them back on. Doing it frequently is just a pain.

2. I wasn't impressed with the handset sound as a phone.

3. On the Lex, If I received a second call but can't take it, then get an answerphone txt, it would lockup the Bluetooth and the phone would hang.

4. I use the cut and paste a lot and it is important to me. Possibly a utility for this now or even the latest software perhaps?

Some of these may have been addressed in the latest versions. If not, there may be hacks but I guess you wouldn't be doing that sort of thing so would lose out. There are other things that you may need applications for (like MMS) so it would be handy if you knew someone if you don't like to play at installing these things yourself.

No one can deny it is a great piece of kit but if possible, try and borrow one and test for yourself because, and I know someone will find this hard to accept, it may just not be right for you at the moment. Whether the Lex's fault or the Iphones fault - it still amounts to the same and worth thinking about.

When you say you'll probably use the internet an hour a day or so, I think you will be surprised as a lot of apps you can get use real time (or close) data in the Iphone so you may find this sort of thing useful - its not just about browsing.

I had one but it wasn't for me because:

1. You can't transfer all contacts in a single action. This may not affect you as yours are already in the Lex system and I assume you would be transferring new or just deleting the odd ones. I work on different contracts for a couple of months at a time so will have a good 60+ phone numbers of the subbies, etc so transfer, remove and add knew ones with each project. Couldn't be done in a single pass with the Iphone. It could be an issue for you if ever they were cleared. As a one off, it would be worth fiddling around with a PC and another bluetooth device (like keeping your existing SE) in getting them back on. Doing it frequently is just a pain.

2. I wasn't impressed with the handset sound as a phone.

3. On the Lex, If I received a second call but can't take it, then get an answerphone txt, it would lockup the bluetooth and the phone would hang.

4. I use the cut and paste a lot and it is important to me. Possibly a utility for this now or even the latest software perhaps?

Some of these may have been addressed in the latest versions. If not, there may be hacks but I guess you wouldn't be doing that sort of thing so would lose out. There are other things that you may need applications for (like MMS) so it would be handy if you knew someone if you don't like to play at installing these things yourself.

No one can deny it is a great piece of kit but if possible, try and borrow one and test for yourself because, and I know someone will find this hard to accept, it may just not be right for you at the moment. Whether the Lex's fault or the Iphones fault - it still amounts to the same and worth thinking about.

Thankyou all so very much for your answers. re borrowing one, I think i did a good thing today. 02 have got an offer on where they will let me use it for 50 days and send it back if I am not happy-- Im very chuffed with that .

the hints and tips you have given, especially about keeping the numbers are invaluable

thankyou so so much for all of your help everyone, and hope you all have a great xmas

tingly

Glad you sorted....what's this about good Xmas? 2 weeks left still which means plenty of opportunity to post more ;)

Marks right - join in. You don't need a specific reason to post here. Talk about anything, post some car pics up, anything really. It's a community here and we aren't that bad really. Even come to a meet sometime?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links