Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strange Problem Is200 Oem Hu / Grom Ipod Adaptor

Hi guys, I've got a very strange problem & wondered if someone can help.

I installed the Grom iPod adaptor to my oem HU (top loading) a couple of weeks ago and all has been working fine until the other day during a long session of use it started playing up and went through a couple of phases:

a) listening to iPod, suddenly the CD also starts playing and I now only have control of the CD - turning stereo off/on makes no difference (in fact sometimes turning it off it came straight back on again)

b ) iPod no longer coming through HU, switched to radio which worked fine except the volume button did nothing - just sat at a set volume & also the opposite button for bass etc. didn't work. All other buttons ok (apart from iPod control)

c) now the same but there is no volume at all, the same 2 buttons still do nothing but the others appear to work (i.e. I can change radio station even though there is no sound).

My iPod has been disconnected for a few days although I've not had chance to disconnect the Grom adaptor yet.

Does this sound like a problem just with the headunit and it's just a coincidence it was around the time of fitting the Grom? Or could it be that the Grom has somehow knackered my headunit? I'm going to attempt to remove / refit the Grom adaptor tonight hopefully but not holding out much hope to be honest.

TIA

Well, if anybody has the same problem, I disconnected the Grom and plugged in the original lead into the back of the stereo and it started working again fine so a quick test before sending the Grom unit back I plugged it back in and that too is working fine now.

So not really sure what the problem was but disconnecting it seemed to sort it out - just hope it's not to become a regular thing! :wacko:

That's weird - was it seated properly when you disconnected it or was it working it's way loose?

No it was all well connected, I did wonder the same thing myself but that definitely wasn't the case.

Only thing I thought was maybe it had somehow 'crashed' and just needed resetting (not really sure what's in the Grom box)

My H/U crashes when I select a playlist above no.7 on my Ipod. The H/u just goes dead like your one does. No vol, can't turn of etc.... .What I do is take the 15A fuse out and put it back in.(the fusebox in the engine compartment).

Mine seems to do a similar thing when it is used for long periods at a time. It starts to play the cd and the ipod and you can hear both. You only have control over the cd though when it dose this. My vol button works ok though. All i do is switch off the car and then start it up and all is fine again. It dosnt do it that often but its annoying when it does and i dont see why it should.

Mine seems to do a similar thing when it is used for long periods at a time. It starts to play the cd and the ipod and you can hear both. You only have control over the cd though when it dose this. My vol button works ok though. All i do is switch off the car and then start it up and all is fine again. It dosnt do it that often but its annoying when it does and i dont see why it should.

Sounds like exactly the same problem! Mine's been ok since but I've not done such a long drive again, think I was on about my 5th hour when it happened before.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links