Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cannot Select Footwell Or Face Vents On Aircon Panel

Just noticed when starting the car the aircon selection flashes the screen defrost for a while and then resets the aircon to 22 deg c and off. Ive also noticed that no air is coming from the face vents or footwell when selected its as if the unit is stuck on the windscreen setting as this is where the air is coming from. Also when the car is switched off you can hear a motor running and stalling as if trying to move something, the noise is coming from behind the satnav screen slightly to the left.

The cars still under warranty, would be nice to get it fixed on one visit and not taking it back time after time.

Anyone else had this problem with the heating/aircon system.

Ta

I had similar problem and I know of one other person on here who has had same issue.

Symptoms were no matter what speed the fan was running at no air would come out of vents or windscreen this lasted all day Sunday and Monday 2 weeks ago (thank god for the heated seats), phoned dealer on the Monday morning who told me to bring the car in, 2 miles from dealer guess what? the air started coming out.

Dealer still took the car in and removed the glove box and passenger air bag to access heater motor, found all connections in place and could trace no fault. There has been re-occurence as yet..

No doubt Lexus will deny there is a problem... :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links