Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can The Battery Is A 08 Plate Is220d Go Flat In 17 Days

Hey

Recently went on holiday for 17 days over Xmas and new year. Left by car under ground at my wives work. Upon our return I found that my car would not open.The Battery had gone completly flat to the point where even the alarm system was dead. Got the RAC out and got it sorted sharpish but thought that it was a bit strange.

Has anybody else had this happen or maybe can offer a though or two. Cheers :crybaby:

More common actually than you would think -

A modern car (especially Lexus) has a huge amount of electronic stuff, which is "ticking away" even when the car is switched off and locked up

If just before a "holiday", you do a lot of short trips, especially in the winter with lights, wipers, heated seats, heated rear window etc all on, the chances are the your Battery isn't fully charged anyway...

So when you leave it for a while, it could go flat a lot quicker just doing the "ticking" stuff then you would normally think is acceptable.

i parked mine up for a month whilst away and had no problem

And there goes the spanner into the worx!!

it cud be nthing to do with ur car. there are cars (modern type) that when parked up send electronic signals to other cars every so often which has an effect on ur Battery. it is a security feature on the other cars part. usually happens in enclosed car parks. i know landrovers/ range rovers do this. there cud be loads others tho.

Lexus/Toyota are known to suffer from Battery leakdown. It is advisable to turn off radio before switching engine off. If you are going on holiday and parking at a secure car park such as APH etc. get them to make a note to lock your car with the key, not the remote. If you had radio/lights/aircon etc. on during your journey then it might be worth turning everything off and staying in the car for 5 mins with the engine running.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links