Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rant On!

torrent

Speak as you find they say...

I am thoroughly disgusted with the level of customer service received from the three dealerships I have been in contact with. Sure, they're great when you're sending a car in for a service or buying something expensive, but you try getting normal, everyday customer service, you are urinating in the wind!

Reading: (not serious enough to submit a negative review for)

Have failed to return calls and respond to email question regarding Navigator disk

Nottignham: (review submitted)

• Failed to send Navigator manual for 6 weeks
  • Still waiting for the RAC membership details and card which is part of the sales agreement
  • Failed to inform Lexus finance of any details regarding the purchase of the car, resulting in Lexus Finance calling us to find out who the sales person was, the car details, dates, etc. (Lexus Finance were very apologetic and informed me that Nottingham had pretty much not ocmpleted any paperwork).

Oxford (review on its way):

Took £300 2 months ago for an updated Navigator disk, since which:

• They have failed to send disk at first because they "didn't have your address", even though they had our phone number and could have called for it (and they had been given the address)
  • After receiving the address the disk still has not turned up 6 weeks later
  • They repeatedly inform me a disk has been sent (twice) but cannot provide the Recorded Delivery tracking number!
  • Craig fails to return every call (James is a better)
  • In accordance with my Statutory Rights (goods not being delivered within 30 days) I have requested a full refund - to date they failed to recredit my card despite repeated requests, and promises to, for over a week now, and have this morning been reported to the Office of Fair Trading and Lexus GB.

"The Lexus Experience"? Hmm..I'm not sure this is something they should be shouting about!

The car, however, is the Mutt's Nuts!

Check your membership card carefully. Mine had 3 mistakes when it arrived.... :angry:

Name spelled incorrectly

Wrong car GS300S (should be SE)

Wrong expiry date 25 August 2003 (should have been 25 January 2005)

I'm not saying that Lexus warranties are like all the others, but usually, if there is any technicality that will get them out of having to pay a claim, they will use it.

I also had to get my car re-RAC inspected because the registration paperwork got "lost" between the dealer and AON :angry:

I've had tons of trouble since I bought a lexus back in December, so much so, that I wrote a letter to Karl Schlicht (MD of Lexus GB). He got one of his executive assistants to contact AON (the warranty company) and it's all hopfully being sorted out now.

Looking forward to getting my new warranty card and then never having to use it :)

Update

I am very pleased to say that Lexus Oxford have taken my complaint most seriously and have completely rectified the situation, sent a written apology and offered compensation.

Their prompt action has restored some of my lost faith in the Lexus Dealer Customer Service and I shall use them for my servicing needs in the future. Only time will tell for sure, but this is a step in the right direction.

Thank you Oxford.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links