Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Needs To Be Done At My Next Ls430 Service

Hi Guys

I need some help please. I recently bought a 2001 LS430. It has full Lexus service history. Every 10k, it has been serviced by Lexus until and including the 150k service. It has now done 160k so is due a service. However, the service history is from print outs rather than a service book so I do not know what needs doing for the 160k service (and each 10k service beyond the 160k ie 170k, 180k etc). Ive gone through the print out and worked out that:

Every 10k – oil and filter (obvious)

Every 60k – spark plugs (Is it every 60k or 5 years – which ever comes sooner?)

Every 100k – cambelt (Is it every 100k or 5 years – which ever comes sooner?)

At 20k, it had a GEAR OIL change? Does this need to be done regular and if yes, when?

It has a “ELEMENT, AIR REF” done regularly – approx every 20k. What is this and how often should it be done? Is that the pollen filter?

Nearly every service, it has a FUEL CLEANER added – do members recommend this?

AIR FILTER been done every 20k – is this correct?

Had an “ATM FLUID” changed at 40k – again what is this and how often should it be done?

BRAKE FLUID done at 40k and 100k. How often should it be done?

COOLANT done at 40k, 80k and 100k. How often should it be done?

Castrol SYNTRAX DIFF OIL done at 60k, 80, 100k and 120k. What is this and how often should it be done? Is this something to do with the differential?

POWER STEERING FLUID was changed at 80k. How often should it be done?

AIR CON SERVICE done at 100k. How often should it be done?

The thing is I do not want to take it to Lexus – I have a good independent and want to make sure they are doing what Lexus would do – it’s a safety check for me.

I would greatly appreciate any help and advice and hope you don’t mind trawling through your service books!!

Many thanks

Hi Guys

I need some help please. I recently bought a 2001 LS430. It has full Lexus service history. Every 10k, it has been serviced by Lexus until and including the 150k service. It has now done 160k so is due a service. However, the service history is from print outs rather than a service book so I do not know what needs doing for the 160k service (and each 10k service beyond the 160k ie 170k, 180k etc). Ive gone through the print out and worked out that:

Every 10k – oil and filter (obvious) correct

Every 60k – spark plugs (Is it every 60k or 5 years – which ever comes sooner?) 60k or 6 years

Every 100k – cambelt (Is it every 100k or 5 years – which ever comes sooner?) 100k or 10 years

At 20k, it had a GEAR OIL change? Does this need to be done regular and if yes, when? This is probably rear axle, change every 20k

It has a “ELEMENT, AIR REF” done regularly – approx every 20k. What is this and how often should it be done? Is that the pollen filter? Yes but you change it when the dash gives a warning

Nearly every service, it has a FUEL CLEANER added – do members recommend this? depends if you use cheap petrol or the super + stuff

AIR FILTER been done every 20k – is this correct? Yes

Had an “ATM FLUID” changed at 40k – again what is this and how often should it be done? Automatic Transmission fluid used in transmission and power steering lots of different thoughts on this if vehicle used normally then it should last forever... personally I'd do it every 40k - 60k

BRAKE FLUID done at 40k and 100k. How often should it be done? Every 24 months no matter what

COOLANT done at 40k, 80k and 100k. How often should it be done? every 20k

CASTROL SYNTRAX DIFF OIL done at 60k, 80, 100k and 120k. What is this and how often should it be done? Is this something to do with the differential? every 20k very important

POWER STEERING FLUID was changed at 80k. How often should it be done? see atm above

AIR CON SERVICE done at 100k. How often should it be done? about right

The thing is I do not want to take it to Lexus – I have a good independent and want to make sure they are doing what Lexus would do – it’s a safety check for me.

I would greatly appreciate any help and advice and hope you don’t mind trawling through your service books!!

Many thanks

Hi

Hope that answers it for you, buy one of the cheap CD data discs off eBay they give the info you will need to keep on top of serviceing... they do take a bit of searching through though....

Most garages will have Autodata software which says when and what is needed on a service...

I always use distilled water when changing the coolant as well, prevents build up of scale...

Don't use generic ATM fluid you MUST use the proper stuff from Lexus, start saving it's very expensive

My advice is to buy the genuine parts and get a garage to change them then you know the car will be reliable...

Good Luck

Pete

"I always use distilled water when changing the coolant as well, prevents build up of scale..."

I thought the correct coolant to use on the LS400s and Mk1 LS430 is the pre-mixed red Toyota Long Life Coolant ? And on the Mk2 LS430 Super Long Life Coolant ?

It certainly is and is pretty expensive too.

Isn't it oil based or something and cannot be mixed or topped up with water ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links