Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not A Lexus Owner, But Still Jap

Swift Chris

Hi all. My name is Chris, i am 21 and im from Preston, Lancs. Just a bit of info about me and my car history.

Shortly after passing my test i was having to drive mother and fathers cars around for a bit. Wasn't too bad tho getting to drive a 2.0 tdci mondeo at 17/18 but i looked rather strange in a Streetka

I also drive a new Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCI Titanium X now

Anyways i decided enough was enough and bough my first car. It was a Peugeot 106 Look 2 and it was, well looking like this

MeCar2.jpg

I had this car for 18 months and it went all over the place. it however only went to one event and that was Trax 07. it was on the stand for my local car club and it got a few heads turning. However it wasn't the prettiest car in the club but i loved it and thats what mattered. anyways i eventually departed with it on Oct 2nd and i was very upset. i wanted to keep but i didn't have enough space to do so but anyways after i had my fun and my first modding experience, this was the result.

Car Specification

Peugeot 106 Phase 2 5 Door

Engine Size-1124cc

Model-Look 2

Metallic Blue

R Reg

85k On Clock

M.O.T Till May 08

Tax Till Jan 08

Modifications

15" Fox R2 (Black With Silver Sparkle)

Laguna Splitter

2 x 12" Infinity White Stuff Subs

Stealth 800W Amp

Sony FFS7750 Xplod Headunit

4 x 13cm 50w Sony Xplod Speakers

Pipercross Filter

Piper Backbox

Lowered 25mm (106 Gti Suspension)

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

PIC00055.jpg

After ages of searching for a new car to replace the pug (i still had her at this point) i was on the verge of buying a celica gen 7 GT but then saw a mondeo ST TDCI. i was still unsure and then wanted a abrath punto. after being told it wasn't coming on sale in the uk i was stuck in two minds. i love this motor, stylish, cute, nice and nimble and not expensive and a head turner. So i splashed out and got it

So here is the motor called Sophie, The Suzuki Swift Sport.

1.6 16v VVT engine

0-60 8.7 Sec

Top Speed 130

MPG 39.2 Combined

Now mine isn't totally standard as i splashed out loads on extras, so ill list the extras Ive had fitted.

Leather Seats

Front Spoiler

Rear Spoiler

Side Skirts

Audio 2 Package (Upgraded Speakers + Sub)

Autoglym Paint Protector

Alternative Gearknob

Sport Matts

So for some pictures of her

STH70055.jpg

STH70054.jpg

STH70128.jpg

DSC00075NoReg-1.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

The lastest pictures of the car are these

STH70444.jpg

STH70445.jpg

STH70446.jpg

STH70447.jpg

Futher mods include

Painted centre caps

Painted engine cover lettering

Back three windows tinted

Flat blade wipers

Painted calipers

I am considering the 5 spoke wheels from the IS200 and the brakes and calipers too. I have also been a fan of these motors

Thanks for looking and i might even turn up for a north west meet :)

Welcome to the club Chris :D

Lovely motor that mate think my other half might be having one soon :)

Do you know what size the wheels are thats fitted to your swift mate, pcd,width and stud pattern? :)

The Suzuki Swift Sport model wheel fitment is................PCD - 5x114 Offset - 38 to 45 Bore - 60.1

thank you very much for the warm welcomes i have recieved. on a few other forums they have shot me down and told me to get lost looking for bits

as T7RY B stated, that is the info about the sport pcd, offset and bore.

i am considering a superb design on the 5 spoke wheels off the IS200 which i think will look sweet on the car, however i wanna try some on the car first to see how they sit and look to see if its worth doing.

I am all up for meeting up and having a look around these cars, always liked these, especially supercharged :D

A lot of people are going for the swifts, very popular car and with the younger generation. Great small little car and like to have fun in. You will be quite suprised how good they are :D

What do you guys think of the swift, and please feel free what you think. Honest opinions are the best and only way to be in my opinion.

Welcome to the club mate :)

I'm quite a fan of those swifts, the designs a bit of a rip off of the mini (but in a good way) and according to reviews they're supposed to be pretty good to drive as well.........

I've actually got my 17" 5 spokes in my garage that I've been meaning to sell on for ages, but not sure how practical it would be seeing as I'm in London........

• 4 weeks later...

Well i thought while a nice day i would get some new shots of the car with all mods on

Mods on are:

Sports Mind Stickers (Red) x2

Square Front Plate

Tints

Wind Deflectors

Wheels (Cosmic black with a hint of red pearl)

Wheels need a centre S creating however i will be getting one made up

ST830675.jpg

ST830676.jpg

ST830679.jpg

ST830681.jpg

ST830692.jpg

ST830695.jpg

ST830704.jpg

ST830705.jpg

ST830711.jpg

Yep those wheels look great on the car - personally I may have actually kept them silver but it does look very nice...........still think they are a great looking set of alloys, wish there were bigger versions :whistling:

cheers for the comments tho. i am pleased with how it looks. everyone seems to think the silver would of looked great.

i was considering white and red however i decided to go for a stealthy look. it did have a red pearl when we mixed up the paint however it hasnt come out as well as i hoped (still can see it but has to have sunlight directly on it and clean to see it haha). the wheels are 95% complete. i am getting a ring around the rim (unsure weather to go white or red) and a red S sticker made up in the middle, so the centre caps look better.

i have some better quality pictures of it

nwest296.jpg

nwest297.jpg

nwest345.jpg

nwest300.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links