Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stolen Recovered Unrecorded

Guest inicol63

Guest inicol63

Ok guy's i been looking to replace one of my cars maybe both.

So while seaching i came across a vehicle that has been stolen and recovered, there is nothing wrong with the car.

Every thing is how your find any other car up for sale.

But the question is it shown as STOLEN RECOVERED UNRECORDED it is 100% unregistered.

What does this mean should i sell it in the future.

Would i have to let the new buyer no that it been stolen.

Or have you had this experience from either side of the fence.

I Welcome your comments

Where does it say that? On the ad? I assume my car would be classed as the same, it was stolen and recovered and then we just went back to normal - my insurance company told me at the time that it would not be recorded as stolen and recovered because I simply took it back.

I'd imagine this car is exactly the same, probably nothing wrong with it and good that they're being honest in the ad (if that is where it was declared)

personally I wouldnt touch a car thats been stolen recovered mate even if it was a bargain. it may look fine but u dont know whats going on underneath the skin. the person that stole it coulda ragged the crap out of it over speedbumps etc. stay clear I say. as for the "stolen recovered unrecorded" it means that it isnt on the hpi/dvla/insurance databases so therefore doesnt have a category attached to it although its most probably an insurance write off. Its all down to the insurance assessor and/or insurance company at the end of the day tho if the car is recorded on the database or not.

personally I wouldnt touch a car thats been stolen recovered mate even if it was a bargain. it may look fine but u dont know whats going on underneath the skin. the person that stole it coulda ragged the crap out of it over speedbumps etc. stay clear I say. as for the "stolen recovered unrecorded" it means that it isnt on the hpi/dvla/insurance databases so therefore doesnt have a category attached to it although its most probably an insurance write off. Its all down to the insurance assessor and/or insurance company at the end of the day tho if the car is recorded on the database or not.

If the car has been stolen recovered, and the owner has been payed out by insurance. It will be categorized as category X and can then be sold to breakers for a cheap price :o

Guest inicol63

Guys some interesting answers there.

What if the car was stolen parked up for a couple of months in the interim the owners insurance paid out and then later the car was found.

Could this be possible for a 100% unrecorded loss?

yeh its similar to what gord said mate but still it doesnt affect the fact that when the car was initially stolen it coulda been abused in any sort of manner. the seller may say its mint but u never know what lurks beneath. anything could arise at any time mate..

If the insurance paid out for it, then it wouldn't be unrecorded - it would be recorded as stolen recovered.

It's only unrecorded if it was like what happened to me, stolen, recovered and then I took it back. How long ago was it stolen? As an example mine was 4 years ago, so if I sold it now don't think anyone would be bothered as they know there won't be anything relating to that wrong.

However, if it was stolen a month ago, I'd be less confident...........either way is it on at a bargain price or something? If it is, then I'd be a little concerned as I wouldn't sell my car for any less than market value as there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Guest inicol63

I have put up my SC430 up for sale if it sales than i buy another car, if not i am happy to stay with the SC430.

Thank you all that have given your views on this tread....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links