Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Airport Apprenticeship - Good Opportunity For Young Ones Or Yourself &

Whitey

im working full time 40 hours at about 7per hour, how much would there pay? cant afford a decrease but a career im very interested in

£7 a hour what do you do for a living?

Guys,

BAA has started recruiting for Apprentices:

http://www.baa.com/portal/page/Careers/BAA...00357e120a____/

Very worthwhile opportunity, I've completed it and am very happy in the job !

Whitey

I dont agree unless you get a full EASA A, B1, or B2 licence from them through the apprenticeship.. Its what separates the good courses from those resdily available and with the downturn in the economy... there are alot of tradermen out there but few licenced.. Though IF you like to travel, it does open doors, so long as you like to study alot to progress in the business.. as it never stops..

Id just recommend you research the career after the course and the pay you'll recieve relative to qualification before jumping in...

Edit: Sorry, I thought it was another company with similar initials who were offering an aircraft apprenticeship which it isnt so above not relevant..

Guys,

Whitey

I dont agree unless you get a full EASA A, B1, or B2 licence from them through the apprenticeship.. Its what separates the good courses from those resdily available and with the downturn in the economy... there are alot of tradermen out there but few licenced.. Though IF you like to travel, it does open doors, so long as you like to study alot to progress in the business.. as it never stops..

Id just recommend you research the career after the course and the pay you'll recieve relative to qualification before jumping in...

thats the same as the motor trade with all those licences!!

started at toyota as a mechanic then got told i had to go on courses to become licenced

course one...... service tech.... (service work tyre's ect)Not allowed to do warranty work!

course two...... tec .....servicing warranty work Not allowed to diagnose problems

course three......diagnostic tec.....can do all of the above!

all of the above have separate licences i also have...

mot licence,and ata licence all of which have to be carried at all times!!!

Guys,

Whitey

thats the same as the motor trade with all those licences!!

started at toyota as a mechanic then got told i had to go on courses to become licenced

course one...... service tech.... (service work tyre's ect)Not allowed to do warranty work!

course two...... tec .....servicing warranty work Not allowed to diagnose problems

course three......diagnostic tec.....can do all of the above!

all of the above have separate licences i also have...

mot licence,and ata licence all of which have to be carried at all times!!!

Not really... well yes and no...as car licences are like aircraft production licences.. valid for the company you get them from or for that manufacturer.. the aircraft maintenance system is more complicated as a layout and knowing those who have tranfered over to the aircraft industry from the motor... also more difficult to get the courses through the job and also to pass.. with pass mark being 75%. Aircraft manu. does it identical to the car trade.. stamps for all stages.. But the money is in the EASA licences for aircraft... european issued and really management entry level for those on the tools.. its 13/14 exams of which all are 75% passmark, and some essay exams thrown in for good measure.. from aviation law to powerplants ... and that gives you the 2ground level". Then you have "type" courses for each and every aircraft.. which expire if not used for "x" number of months a year. But without it.. youve no real promotional levels for the long term.. friends have spent 10´'s of thousands getting the european licence who have also done apprenticeships... but realised that they will never break the 30,000 a year salary on the apprenticship alone..

But hey.. it dont really matter as its not relevant to the thread, kinda..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links