Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has Anyone Used This Website For Tyres?

Jackdaniels

Well i ended up at kwik fit this morning as i wanted my alloys fitted asap but it turns out that they need new tyres so im on the hunt for some cheap decent tyres. I looked at the nexen range but they do not do the exact size that im after 225/55/17, so i found these:

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?deta...&LoadRange=

and wondered if anyone has tried these or if they have used this website?

Thanks again

Edit just found the glowing reviews of Nankang so looks like i have to stick with the slightly wrong sized Nexens 3000s. Anyone ordered from:

http://www.tyresite.com/product.asp?numPag...a=&PT_ID=32

Experience tells me that you should not fit "El-Cheapo" and unknown brands of tyres to a car.

I'd stick with the known brands such as Goodyear, Toyo, Dunlop etc. I personally use Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetics. Before the Goodyears I had Fullrun's fitted- a pile :tsktsk: IMHO.

Falken do a decent tyre range and also the Nexens also seem to get good reviews. A couple of people on LOC are running Nexen tyres.

I normally buy my tyres from Blackcircles. Camskill also do quality tyres at competitive prices. Order from Camskill if you can and get a local tyre place to fit the tyres you supply- that's what most people do. I'd normally buy from Camskill but I don't have anyone near me who are willing to fit tyres that they are not supplying.

This is a turn up for the book, i rang kwik fit to see if they would fit the tyres if i bought from Camskill and they said they wouldn't so i asked for a quote on some budget tyres and they were giving me largish prices for Firestones. Turns out they are offering 25% discount on pirellis soo im getting a set of 4 pirelli p7's for £438.24 fitted and balanced which i thought is a great price.

I drove Nankangs on my previous car, not very happy about it. Noisy and steering wheel was shaking on high speed, even after balancing 2 times at different shops. After that fitted some Michelin's and the problem was solved, so it didn't had to do with the rims...

Well i ended up at kwik fit this morning as i wanted my alloys fitted asap but it turns out that they need new tyres so im on the hunt for some cheap decent tyres. I looked at the nexen range but they do not do the exact size that im after 225/55/17, so i found these:

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?deta...&LoadRange=

and wondered if anyone has tried these or if they have used this website?

Thanks again

Edit just found the glowing reviews of Nankang so looks like i have to stick with the slightly wrong sized Nexens 3000s. Anyone ordered from:

http://www.tyresite.com/product.asp?numPag...a=&PT_ID=32

I used Nankang (NS 2's) on my old car not on a lexus and to be honest they were fine for me, i did find that they wore quite quickly but then again might have been the way i was driving it???

if your after cheep and cheerful i thought they were not bad at all.

Not sure about the web site but i have used www.mytyres.co.uk a couple of times and so have a few of my freinds and they have been pretty good on all counts really

Well just to give an update, i finally got this sorted on Friday at Kwik Fit. Ordered 4 x pirelli p6000 for £487.24 including fitting. (A discount of £364!!!) I think i got a good deal for a good set of tyres but its a lot more that i wanted to pay for some tyres!

I used the wheel nuts that were on my factory standard alloys but they seem quite exposed with no caps on. Is there any that someone could recommend i get?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links